Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM  

Where to go in Colorado

I'm considering a trip to Colorado sometime this spring or summer, but I'm not exactly sure where to visit.
Anyone have any suggestions on places to go, things to see, things to do, when the weather warms up?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:10 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
Head to the SW part of the state. Crested Butte, Durango, Telluride for sure

Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM  

Arvada, Colorado
San Juans...

The San Juans are indeed spectacular. This would be the Durango/Ouray Telluride area the poster mentioned before me. My favorite thing to do is ride the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Another one is the Cumbres A& Toltec Scenic Railroad. They both are awesome family trips.
Where to go in Colorado-durangotrain.jpg
Where to go in Colorado-cumbres_and_toltec_scenic_railroad.jpg
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 AM  

Arvada, Colorado
Black Bear, Imogene and Engineer passes...

In the San Juans as well.

Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass Kind of link Ouray and telluride. Here is a picture of us heading down into Telluride from Black Bear Pass. The other is on Engineer Pass.
Where to go in Colorado-dsc_0225.jpg

Where to go in Colorado-dsc_0251.jpg
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 PM  

Woodland Park, CO
Stay west of the Denver/Colorado Springs line and you can not go wrong. If you fly into the Springs, it is worth a trip to the Cripple Creek Mining District. Don't go to Cripple Creek, unless you are into gambling, instead go to Victor and walk some of the trails through the old mines. Go to the top on the American Eagle Overlook and see the current mining operation. If you are into hiking and want to try a 14,000' Mountain go to Lake City in the San Juans and Hike Handies Peak. The easiest of the 14er's and probably the most scenic. What ever you do you probably can't go wrong.

Larry
Old 11-25-2010, 07:52 PM  

Stay west of I-25 and south of I-70.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:50 PM  

Cortez, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
The San Juans are indeed spectacular. This would be the Durango/Ouray Telluride area the poster mentioned before me. My favorite thing to do is ride the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Another one is the Cumbres A& Toltec Scenic Railroad. They both are awesome family trips.
Attachment 1111
Attachment 1112
+1 I live in Cortez, by Durango, and consider myself lucky to be down here.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 PM  

Bluff City, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by daysailer1 View Post
Stay west of I-25 and south of I-70.
I agree with staying west of 25 but have to say there is some beautiful country north of 70. Rocky Mountain Nat. Park, Grandby Grand lake area. Even out towards Craig and the northwest corner. Some excellent history up that way and some beautiful country to see.

In Fact Moffat County in northwest CO has a varied terrain and scenery and the history of the area is full of great stories form the old west. The area is well worth visiting. Check it out at visit moffat county.com.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Are you planning on driving or flying into Colorado, I personally like the buena vista area for 4wheeling/camping. There is only a handful of things to do near denver and colorado springs so I would suggest do not visit there or only stay a short time.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM  

Castle Rock, Colorado
I recommend finding a bike shop that will rent a full suspension mountain bike to you. Then either hit up some singletrack or see about joining a guided tour. You can't go wrong spending a day on a bike in the Rockies!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!