Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM  

Tacoma, WA
Yet another "Where to move?" thread

I know you're all trying to hog Colorado for yourselves but I can't take it up here in WA any longer. I'll be done with my job soon and will have a decent severance to start somewhere else with (and more than enough left over to build my XJ).

I'm not a big fan of living in large cities, I think the surrounding Boulder area may be the largest population-wise that I could tolerate. I guess I'm more of a small town person having grown up in several out here when I was younger. Populations of under 10,000 seem more ideal but it's tough to research for those online.

I have a lot of info to go over and several months before I can even start considering anything, I was just curious if there are any places that are more recommended than others by local residents. Places with job opportunities are higher priority of course, but I'll take just about anything to get started out with.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:10 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
my normal reply:

Colorado is full....

the economy here sux, there are so many still out of work, soo many Illegals, I use to think that Colorado is great, not so much any more

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
As stated with the economy, near Denver is the only way you'll be giving yourself a decent chance of getting a job, and even then it's questionable.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
Don't move to Durango, you may take my future job!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 PM  

Colorado
There are still jobs and great places to live. If you like smaller towns but still near the metro area look at Elizabeth, Franktown, or Larkspur. They are small and have good access to Denver or Colorado Springs for jobs. Just another thought.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 AM  
Rockin' the Rockies

Pueblo, CO, Colorado
I agree with CJ7... and the state is in much worse trouble, job-wise, the further south you go.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM  

Colorado
That is not what I was saying. I just happen to live south of the Denver metro area and was showing a few areas I know about. Many people find it good to live between two major cities so you have all of the job options from both instead of limiting yourself to just one. I know people that do the same thing in the mountains.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 PM  

Can anyone tell me anything about Greeley?
I've been kicking this idea around for several months, and all of the things I've read online make Greeley sound like a decent place for me.
How harsh is the cost of living out there?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 PM  

No on the greeley area!! ICK. The actual cost of living there isnt bad because its a college town.
But you have to deal with a TON of college kids in the winter.
If your anywhere on the north side of the town the gang problem is IMMENSE.

And once a week the cattle farm smell will infuse itself into your nose!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJeep View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about Greeley?
I've been kicking this idea around for several months, and all of the things I've read online make Greeley sound like a decent place for me.
How harsh is the cost of living out there?
Yeah if you're looking at Northern Colorado, Loveland or Fort Collins would be a waaaay better choice than Greeley. Longmont's closer to Denver, but I haven't heard the greatest of things about living there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!