Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 PM  

gahanna, Ohio
Beer Brewing east side

Any one know of any good beer brewing places on the east side. Gahanna is where I reside and I would love to find a place around here that has beer and wine supplies.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Neil House Brewery and Homebrew Shop. Neil House Brewery
Its located on East Livingston Ave, or at least the address is. Its kind of tough to find the first time, you turn onto Baldwin Rd. and then you can see it at the end of the strip center on the right hand side of the road.
They have everything you could need and their prices are the best in town.
Plus, they have a nano brewery going, but most of the products aren't available just yet.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 PM  

columbus, ohio
sounds like a place i need to check out also. thank you
Old 12-03-2010, 10:38 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
No problem. I believe they are moving into a new location soon, so if you haven't already headed out there I would check their Facebook page for more up to date information (including hours)
Old 12-04-2010, 06:09 PM  

Canal Winchester, OH
I hear Neal House is really good........

I would also recommend Gentiles down in Grandview. It isn't exactly close, but they have a pretty decent selection. They also have a great pizza place inside.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM  

Columbus, OH
Neil House Brewery is pretty cool, very small shop though. The guy working there (not the owner) was really helpful in working out a recipe for my first batch of homebrew.

The owner, Patrick, is a graduate in chemistry from Ohio University. Never met him, but a friend who knows him turned me on to this shop. It's really worth trying their cranberry cider -- absolutely amazing.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 AM  

Reynoldsburg, Oh
Blacklick Wine and Spirits

They are located about the 7200 block of E Broad. They have a limited selection of brew supplies but it is near Reynoldsburg/Pataskala.

Blacklick Wine And Spirits Brew Thru - Columbus, OH - Reviews - BeerAdvocate
Old 12-19-2010, 12:38 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Just try to stay away from the Winemaker's Shop on High St. Way way overpriced
Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
As many have said already, the Winemaker's Shop is way overpriced and not very friendly. I haven't been to Neil House yet - unfortunately the hours they are open are the hours that I work.

I would recommend Gentiles for most things, but be sure to look at the expiration dates on the yeast - I've accidentally gotten a few out of date vials there.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:32 PM  

Reynoldsburg, Oh
The lady that works at the Winemaker's Shop was about as unfriendly as they come. Her attitude was if you were not some wine making guru she didnt want you in the shop. This quote sums up their attitude " Beer is made by men, wine by God!"
- Martin Luther

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.