I will try to get this added as a sticky, and maybe we can expand to other best of C-Bus categories - hotels, amusements, public golf courses, etc.??
For the restaurants, here is a list of some of my favorite eats/brew pubs around Columbus. Please feel free to add!
- A great laid back family-style sports bar, plenty of TV's, and the BEST chicken wings (not necessarily the best sauces, but the biggest, meatiest wings ever!) Great appetizers, decent happy hour deals. Several locations around Columbus, though my favorite is at the corner of Reed RD & W. Henderson RD.
1130 Dublin RD in Grandview - Barley's Splash Page
- Award winning BBQ AND award winning micro-brew! A very long beer list, and a menu that would make any BBQ afficianado proud. There are two locations...the dublin rd location is more convenient with regards to parking, and the food seems better as well.
183 Thurman Ave - The Thurman Cafe | Enjoy the Tastiest Burgers in Columbus, Ohio
- As seen on the food channel! Be prepared for a 1.5-2 hour wait on the weekend around lunchtime, or be smart and go during the week...it only has a handful of tables (you might get quick service grabbing a seat at the bar). I will say, it is WORTH THE WAIT! Best burger I have ever had, all 3/4 lb burgers. I usually get the A1 Burger, add bacon, and onion rings. The Thurminator (their signature burger, and food channel feature) is gigantic: Bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, 12 ounce burger, bacon, cheddar, another
12 oz burger, saut?ed mushrooms & onions, ham, mozzarella & American cheese, top bun. Good luck!
Old Bag of Nails Pub
several locations around Columbus - : Welcome to the Old Bag of Nails Pub :
- Solid menu all around, chicken bleu cheese potato skins are awesome, as well ass the fried pickles. French dip sandwich, reuben, and of course, they are famous for their fish n chips. Good atmosphere, family friendly, great service!
1027 W. 5th Ave in Grandview - named after Dublin, Ireland's oldest public house, brazenhead has a killer menu, amazing happy hour, and a great patio during the spring/summer months, as well as a party room in the basement. My wife and I both love the Garlic Burger, and we always get an order of the Greek Fries. Yum!
Genos Pizza & Pasta
1277 Morse RD - I have never had their Pizza...or their pasta...but their "Pizza Nuggets," fresh rolled pizza dough with toppings in the center, are fantastic! The buffalo chicken and the cheese&garlic nuggets are my favorite, but they come in a variety of flavors. One order is plenty for two.
J. Liu Restaurant & Bar
50 W. Bridge St. in Dublin (there is also a location in Worthington) - JLiu Restaurant and Bar > Home
- The menu is a little bit pricier than your typical establishment, but fantastic food. Blackened tilapia is great, lettuce rolls are very good. Good wine list, decent beer selection. This is a nice place to impress a date without completely breaking the bank.
1369 Grandview Ave in Grandview (location on Riverside in Upper Arlington as well) - Figlio Pizza / Vino Vino Wine Bar
- A very nice low key, upscale italian joint. Great wine list, pasta is fantastic (I LOVE the chicken diablo), and of course they are famous for their gourmet wood fired pizzas. This is another nice place to take a date. Want something a little more upbeat? Head across the street to...
The Grandview Cafe
1455 W. Third Ave at the corner of Grandview Ave in Grandview - Grandview Cafe
- Good food, reasonably priced drinks, but we continue to go here for the AWESOME atmosphere. Live Music Friday's and Saturday's, karaoke on Sunday's. GC is two stories, with a bar on both floors, seating for diners on the first floor and on the first floor patio. Upstairs is the location of the music and a great time! Because of GC's popularity, they pay bigger bucks to book some very very good cover bands! Anytime Swagg plays is a good time!
475 S. Third Street in German Village - W E L C O M E ? T O ? K A T Z I N G E R S
- This is a great place for lunch! The BEST sandwiches in Columbus, easily. Their corned beef reuben is ridiculously good!
Schmidt's Sausage Haus
240 E. Kossuth Street in German Village - Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant
- TWICE featured on The Food Channel, once on Man V. Food, once on Best of Ohio! They have been around since 1886, so they have to be doing something right...everything on their menu from sausage to potatoe salad (YUM!), to deserts, to beer is great...combine that with a really fun atmosphere, and you've got a great family or date dinner!
Okay that's all I have for now, I'm getting lazy! feel free to message me or post here if you are looking for suggestions with regards to beer or food. Staci and I do a lot of eating out so I can give pretty good advice
OH...check out the winking lizard too - REALLY fun bar with pool tables, ski ball (thats right, ski ball!) basketball, plenty of tv's, and a 170+ beer list including a "mug of the month" and world beer tour club. Really really cool place! Corner of Bethel RD and Godown RD