Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 AM  

Columbus, OH
I have to agree that Adriatico's Pizza on 11th is great. It's like $25 bucks for a "Big Buckeye" and is the equivalent of 3-4 larges from anywhere else. Hangover Easy is close-by and is a cool place with some personality (beer, lunch, breakfast, etc.), located on Niel between 10th and 11th.

Finally, I hate to do this, because it's already too busy, but Brazenhead is an awesome place to get a burger. There's a location in Dublin, and another on 5th, west of Olentangy. On Wednesday it's $3 burgers (and home-made chips). 10 oz. gourmet burger for $3? Plus a cheap beer? Yeah, get there before 5:00 or you'll be standing, fighting for a spot to sit.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
Finally, I hate to do this, because it's already too busy, but Brazenhead is an awesome place to get a burger. There's a location in Dublin, and another on 5th, west of Olentangy. On Wednesday it's $3 burgers (and home-made chips). 10 oz. gourmet burger for $3? Plus a cheap beer? Yeah, get there before 5:00 or you'll be standing, fighting for a spot to sit.
That is an awesome deal but you are absolutely right - it gets ridiculously busy! I like the one in Dublin. I remember the first time I went I was hoping it was "less popular" than the one in Grandview. I was mistaken. That was my favorite place for a while.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Cannot go wrong with Adriadico's Pizza on campus, Schmidts or Thurmans.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Most of my recommendations are lunch places - I have a two-year-old so I don't get to eat dinner out much!

My short list (in no particular order):

Schmidt's Sausage Haus - I don't remember the last time I ordered off the menu - the buffet is all I ever need.

City BBQ (Multiple locations) - A simple, inexpensive barbecue joint. Probably the best barbecue in town.

Asian Gourmet (Stoneridge Plaza, Gahanna) - Very good (and inexpensive) Chinese, Thai and Korean dishes, plus sushi. They also own Edamame Sushi & Grill at Easton and Choe's Asian Gourmet at Greene Towne Center in Dayton.

J. Gumbo's (Multiple locations) - A chain restaurant based in Louisville, serving cajun dishes fast-food style.

Ohio Deli (3444 S High St) - Good food at unbeatable prices. The Dagwood sandwich was featured on Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Hilliard "Lil Donut Factory"
Old 12-24-2010, 10:13 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Thurman Cafe is definitely my favorite! The burgers can't be touched and the atmosphere is really fun. Besides that, I will also echo Schmidts, and Basi Italia.

Now for a place that hasn't been mentioned yet, Tai's Asian Bistro. Best general tso's chicken in Columbus, huge portions, everything on the menu is awesome! The pad thai and eggrolls are also exceptional there
Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM  

Lancaster, Ohio
Burgers- Thurmans!

Pizza- Donatos

Seafood- Columbus Fish Market

Steak- My House by far (I haven't been to a steak house that can grill it better than I can...)!

Smoked Meat- City BBQ (but I almost have my recipe down at, again, My House

Wings/Bar Food- Quaker Steak & Lube
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM  

Sunflower Chinese Resurant is the best chinese in town, no compition comes close! it is located at the south east corner of sawmill rd and hard rd.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolerXJ View Post
Sunflower Chinese Resurant is the best chinese in town, no compition comes close! it is located at the south east corner of sawmill rd and hard rd.
I tried Sunflower once and didn't like it at all. I have always meant to give it another shot but just haven't yet.

Best Chinese / Asian in Columbus IMHO is Asian Kitchen on Stelzer Road by the giant eagle...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 PM  

Columbus, OH
Golden Chopstix is a favorite of mine, they have many dishes that most chinese resturants dont, like Honey Walnut chicken my favorite. There is one in Hilliard and I think another on Broad St., west side.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads