Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 PM  
AMSOIL Indepdent Dealer

Woodstock, CT
Eastern CT, Local Small Business List

For many small businesses local support is an important part of a company?s sales. In my area we have many small businesses, from small one off restaurants to the small shops that sell local hand crafted items along with a great number of farms that sell excellent produce. Small businesses offer people the opportunity for work, play and recreation. They also help build up the community. Let?s try and give back for all their hard work.

I would like to get a thread going about small local companies that we like using and have had a good working relationship with.

The first company I would like to put up is:

The Tireman
258 Wilsonville Road No. Grosvenordale CT 06255 (860) 935-5858
Dan and Roy Kitka are the owners. They are great guys that specialize in alignments and brakes and of course, tires. They are able to get most major tire brands.

I just had my Jeep aligned by them last week things worked out great. I can?t believe how bad my Jeep was out of alignment. I guess that?s what rocks will do.

Anyone else care to comment about a small business they enjoy working with.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:11 PM  

Norwich, CT
I'm a big fan of Paul's Pasta on Eastern Point Road in Groton. It's won quite a few of awards and all the menu items are excellent and very well priced ($10 a dish about). Never had any problems with the wait staff there either. The river view is awesome in the nice months, and the whole place is family owned.

Karn's automotive in Groton is also excellent. Jeff, the owner, is straightforward and always there supervising the work done on cars. I had an exhaust put in by them, and it was done quickly with a perfect fit and all for a pretty good cost too. He'll do anything from maintenance to the hardcore stuff, I got my catalytic converter replaced on the lift next to a 600hp supercharged corvette. Nothing but good things to say about them

Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 AM  

Plainfield, Connecticut
Sam Wibberley Tire in dayville Ct does great auto work as well. It's a bigger shop in the area (17 bays) and they can handle everything . They do emissions, glass, mechanical repairs, oil changes/tires etc. Always good service.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!