Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM  

Manchester, CT
Nicknames for drivers from other states

Go!

I'll start: M*******s.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM  
Gorgonzola stuffed olives

North CT / Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3lackEyedAngels View Post
Go!

That's the only one I know. I lived there for 12 years and never heard any others.

The only other characteristic I can think of is that 99.9% of the time if the person is under 80 years of age and doing 50 in the left lane the plate says "New York". Can we think of a name for that one?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:17 PM  

Only ever heard m******* too. I do call the old folks "blue hairs" when they are on the road. I guess they aren't a state though...unless you count Florida
Old 11-21-2010, 05:27 AM  

Port St Lucie, Port St Lucie, Florida
Floridiots
Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM  

Ansonia, CT
I HATE drivers. I don't know if it is a state thing, or a personal road rage issue. I don't understand why people around here have to stay in the passing lane. Pass, and move over dammit!
M******* is the only nickname I've heard, but I will give you a name or several if you get on my nerves on the road. lol
Old 11-22-2010, 10:57 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
m*******s (I'm one myself, and proud of it)
Connecticutters (too many letters, but gets the point across)
Maine-iacs (doesn't really fit though, they drive like grandmas)
New Hampsters (sometimes New Hempsters)
or if you are from Vermont you call everyone Flat-landers, even if they live in the white mountains, they are a flat-landers; it's a catch all nickname, when refering to drivers "damn flat-landah cut me off"
Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 AM  

Weymouth, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3lackEyedAngels View Post
Go!

Hey, I resemble that remark...

As for others, I haven't heard of any either. I call old ladys Q-Tips. If you can see their head over the seat from the back of the car, their hair looks like a Q-Tip. If I'm driving behind a Q-Tip, and she makes a turn into a nursing home parking lot, she's going to the Q-Tip farm.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM  

Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR-GRN View Post
m*******s (I'm one myself, and proud of it)
Connecticutters (too many letters, but gets the point across)
Maine-iacs (doesn't really fit though, they drive like grandmas)
New Hampsters (sometimes New Hempsters)
or if you are from Vermont you call everyone Flat-landers, even if they live in the white mountains, they are a flat-landers; it's a catch all nickname, when refering to drivers "damn flat-landah cut me off"
Connecticutters !! haha I hadn't heard that one before.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 PM  

New Haven, CT / New Haven County
Lately I've gotten tired of yelling at people that can't hear me. Now I just think to myself that "Gee, she must really have to pee" or "Must be having a bad day"

One night I made a mistake and a woman had to swerve to miss me and did a great job of it. I realized that at that moment I was just like everyone else and I'd made a mistake and that at that instant, she was the better driver of the two of us.
I was really glad because it would have been a bad accident and it would have been my fault. I've never seen her again but I'd like to thank her for being on the ball at that moment. I sure wasn't.
I realized that #1 nobody intends to or wants to be in an accident. #2 accidents usually only happen when neither driver is paying attention.
That thought is with me now all the time because everyone makes mistakes and like above, people get caught in the moment (needing to pee for example) and I try to get over it.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:36 PM  

Norwalk, CT
People on ludes should not drive- Jeff Spicoli

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads