Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2010, 06:25 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverubino View Post
Wethersfield is nice. I live in Glastonbury and the drive thru the historic center of wethersfield is worth the trip any time of year. Ice Cream, historic buildings perfect landscaping... picture perfect.
Truth be told, we can only aspire to reach Glastonbury status! You guys have a great mix of commercial/retail/residential. All we can seem to attract is dollar/discount stores and nail salons.

The historic district is pretty nice, though. And I've definitely consumed my share of Main St. Creamery ice cream!

Are you related to the ice cream lady?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM  

CT
Litchfield is a great place in CT.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 PM  

North Grosvenordale, CT.
I'm located in the North East corner (Thompson)been here since 1959 haven't moved more than 5 miles since coming here,But all the jobs have moved out of here unless ya want part time at Wally world
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM  

New London, Ct
Southeast corner my whole life, can't get away from the Sound. Although most of these towns were traditionally working class-fishing, small mfg, small farm- villages. Now the small villages are summer homes for the affluent or the larger towns are slowly getting homogonized by big box strip malls. Progress PHHHT!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 AM  

New Milford here...
Old 11-22-2010, 02:58 PM  

Ansonia, CT
Raised in Naugatuck, currently a 3 year resident of Ansonia. The valley sucks. There are so many better towns in the state, I hope to get unstuck from the valley one day. If I had to pick a favorite town, I would look at Oxford or Milford. Granted, I am not widely traveled in CT, even with my long history here, but those are two towns I know I could live in.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM  

Cromwell, CT
cromwell here
Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM  
CT Homebrewers Unite!

Hamden, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
I'm smack dab in the middle of the state in the oldest town (take that Windsor! ), which also happens to have CT's largest historic district. For better or worse (it definitely cuts both ways!).

My family came over on the Mayflower, settled in CT and we have infected...err...been here ever since.
Interesting. I have family that came over on the Mayflower as well. Samuel Fuller. Wonder if they knew each other.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 AM  

Plainfield, Connecticut
I live in the north eastern part of CT. It's pretty Quiet out here. Alot of state forest (pachaug) around. Very Scenic especially in the fall with all the leaves changing. Great part of the state for hiking, fishing, biking etc. Got some great ice cream places like "Brown cow cafe" and Buttonwood Farms (ALWAYS PACKED). Fall brings the corn mazes and hayrides. Very fun
Old 12-18-2010, 06:53 PM  

North Grosvenordale, CT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
I'm smack dab in the middle of the state in the oldest town (take that Windsor! ), which also happens to have CT's largest historic district. For better or worse (it definitely cuts both ways!).

My family came over on the Mayflower, settled in CT and we have infected...err...been here ever since.
Did you know that "Swamp Yankee" is a derogatory term used by British occupiers against us during the American Revolution ? It was started against residents of My home town of Thompson (Originally the North Parish of Killingly )
Leon

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!