Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 AM  

Port Neches, Texas
Mustang Island

Is there anywhere down there where you can ride on the beach? we are in Port Neches and was thinking about Jeeping it down to play on the beach just wondering if the beaches were Jeep freindly

Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 AM  

Port Neches, Texas
Cant seem to locate any current information on websites.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:01 PM  

Austin, Texas
Yes you can drive jeeps on the beach, just need a parking permit that you can pick up at any gas station on the island. jp luby is a small stretch between packery channel and the state park. The state park you can also drive but there is a fee to get in, forgot how much i dont go. Then north of that to port A there will be some more access roads to get on the beach.

PINS is probably better for jeeping as further down it isnt crowded at all and will have more challenging terrain.

Just one thing no driving in the dunes at all as it is illegal and the beaches have the same laws as streets so you can't donuts and such.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:34 PM  
annoyingly true

corpus christi, texas
And only drive on the beaches if you don't want your jeep. Rust is bad here
Old 10-05-2010, 04:07 PM  
Traveler

corpus christi, tx
as long as you rinse your undercarriage off real good you won't have issues with rust. just don't be dumb and drive in the water then your garanteed to rust out
Old 10-05-2010, 04:23 PM  
annoyingly true

corpus christi, texas
it won't stop it, even rinsing. i lost a truck and a trooper2 and i never went in the water.

shoot, i have cars i never even took on the sand because we parked at holiday inn and they rusted out
Old 10-06-2010, 05:47 AM  

Port Aransas, TX
I live in Port A and my Jeep is rusted.....oh well.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 AM  

Austin, Texas
Yeah rust is inevitable if you go to the beach, rinsing helps but it wont stop it. just make sure you keep up with any rust spots before it gets cancerous.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM  

Corpus Christi, Texas
my truck with a triple undercoat has lasted a good 7 years without much rusting with a usual weekend trip to the beach atleast twice a month. never underestimate the power of a good rinse my friends.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM  

Corpus Christi, Texas
oh and now i have a 2010 jeep wrangler that has been taking the same abuse for over a year. the water is visible from my home so it doesnt get much saltier than that

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Bookmark this Page!