Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 PM  

Bayside, Texas
Rust never sleeps

Rust never sleeps in south Texas due to the salt air environment but you can slow it down.
After a trip to the beach, Port Aransas, Padri, what ever I hose off the underside of my truck then after it drys I'll take a pump up sprayer full of a75/25 mixture of diesel and motor oil and spray the undercarrage real good. Spray the whole thing and get in all the nooks and crannies.
In the old days they used fish oil to undercoat cars and trucks around here but I havent heard of that being used since the early 1970s.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I bought a early 70's CJ5 from the Coastal area and it was wrecked. I didn't realize just how bad every components was rusted out until tearing into it.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:12 PM  

its also the title to a great neil young live album.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM  

corpus christi, tx
as much fun as the beach is, especially in a jeep, i try to avoid it now because of the salt air. my CJ-7 looks like swiss cheese and i dont want my LJ with even .1% of the rust my CJ has.

i do occasionally take it out there when the weather is nice but clean up is a pain

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Bookmark this Page!