Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 03:50 PM  

Austin, Texas
Surfing?

Any surfers on this forum, i just got back into surfing two years ago and have only gone a few times haha.

Just wanted to get a discussion going, what board do you have, where is your favorite surfing spot, and ect.

I have a 6'4" lost fish that works pretty decent for the waves in corpus, and i usually go to the north jetty at jp luby to get some protection from the wind chop and current.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM  
annoyingly true

corpus christi, texas
I used to surf everyday here but once the wife and I had kids, it cut out stuff like since they were little. Now, after having skin cancer removed at 33 years old, I gave up surfing all together. I just play with the jeeps now

Old 10-05-2010, 04:08 PM  
Traveler

corpus christi, tx
i learned to surf in hawaii and after surfing there and seeing the waves here i just don't see the point
Old 10-05-2010, 04:24 PM  
annoyingly true

corpus christi, texas
that is true. i never got into surfing over there but we body surfed and boogie boarded over there and then in socal. it was a large difference moving here
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM  

Austin, Texas
Yeah waves here are pretty sad and i barely go out because its mostly flat chop. But the few days when a decent swell comes in i try to make it out but i always end up missing the good days.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM  
annoyingly true

corpus christi, texas
That is normal here. The best size board I found for corpus is a 7'6" spoon nose. Still turns good and can ride the smaller stuff like a long board can. I had that and a 6'1" old school trifin t&c surf board. Man, I miss surfing

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Bookmark this Page!