Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2011, 12:54 PM  

Dallas, TX
CATCH the thieves n bad guys PLEASE

I've lived in the eastern SMU or Lakewood area most of my life

Over the past few years, 2 rapists who terrorized a 3 mile radius finally got caught after a couple of year reign. (University/Skillman) A month or so ago, a 30 yo female was out enjoying dinner with friends, (Knox/Henderson) went to her car in a well lit area parking lot and got beaten nearly to death, raped, left naked, and I believe is still in a coma. This is only a couple of miles from my home also. Last night, vandals hit again, most of the cars in the neighborhood. From what I can gather, about a dozen of them are missing radios and all info from the glove boxes leaving blood on the outside of the vehicles with clear fingerprints... it's not as if this is the first time this has happened. In the past ten years, our vehicle has been broken into 4 times and my son had his truck completely stolen once. I am the one who located it because the dispatcher had written the VIN number down incorrectly so we wouldn't have gotten it back had I not be checking around.

Our government is talking about taking our guns away and this is going on around us? They have to be kidding, right? I am cleaning my guns now, cause this isn't getting better, it is getting worse and I am getting older... possums & racoons & squirrels are trying take over and Animal Control will LOAN you a cage to collect them. It's a jungle in the city now. If I want peace n quiet, I have to move outside the city limits! this is rediculous....

Old 07-24-2011, 01:07 PM  

I understand you are frustrated. Just keep in mind that if you were to use deadly force against a kid who is breaking into a car, it will be yourself who ends up in jail.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Nobody is talking about taking guns away, just not selling them to nutjobs.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:32 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambos View Post
possums & racoons & squirrels are trying take over and Animal Control will LOAN you a cage to collect them.
If you call the police, will they LOAN you a cage for the criminals?
Until they do, keep you guns close.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
If I want peace n quiet, I have to move outside the city limits! this is rediculous....
Figured that out by 6.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I understand you are frustrated. Just keep in mind that if you were to use deadly force against a kid who is breaking into a car, it will be yourself who ends up in jail.
Not in Texas.

http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

Land of the free, home of the well armed.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:36 PM  

The way I read it is:

unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor’s occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The way I read it is:

unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor?s occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment
I'm a little low on time right this minute and was unable to fund the cases involved.

It's not being prosecuted the way you speak of. It's more like a wild west fair is fair mentality.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!