Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 AM  

Hickory Creek, Texas
Good to hear. I may try going this Saturday if I get everything wrapped up for the semester before then, otherwise it will probably need to wait for after finals. I wonder if there are any other small breweries I've lived next to for years without being aware of.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM  
Huge Member

Dallas, Providence Village
I love the fact that at this tour they don't just give you a sampler glass, they either loan you a pint glass, or you can by their glass for $5. The fact that they let you just hang out after the tour, while drinking as much as you want is a great attraction. I have seen several bicyclists ride up on their bike, take the tour, drink a few pints, then take off, like its their every Saturday ritual.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
For those who want to tour breweries, Rahr has a nice one, too (Ft.Worth) Their roof collapsed since I've been there but I believe they are back in business.
details here:
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-brewe...r-tasting.html
Old 12-04-2010, 02:33 AM  

Hickory Creek, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavtx View Post
For those who want to tour breweries, Rahr has a nice one, too (Ft.Worth) Their roof collapsed since I've been there but I believe they are back in business.
details here:
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-brewe...r-tasting.html
Wow, I can now go to two breweries over Christmas break! And bbq on the the third week. I definitely need to go on that week.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:31 PM  

Frisco, Texas
Awesome!!! I love beer and the brewing process...will be going this weekend!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 PM  

Dallas, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpiper View Post
For anyone that has not heard of this local brewery (based in McKinney), or maybe have tried a beer or two of theirs but do not know much about them, definitely check into their tours (Saturdays at 11am).

Franconia Brewing: Want to Take a Tour?

It is $5, which gets you about a 20-30 minute tour of the facility by Dennis Wehrmann (owner/brewmaster) and samples of his brews both during and after the tour.
This is definitely worth going to! just don't ask if he plans to bottle or can his beers anytime soon, because he doesn't want to!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:01 AM  

Dallas, Texas
I've tried beers from both local breweries and was impressed. Good to know they are doing tours. I'll have to make a trip up to McKinney sometime.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:29 AM  

Dallas, TX
Will defiantly have to check this out, only been in Dallas 5 years never heard of them.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 PM  
alpha geek

Richardson, Tx
It's a small brewery, not a great to see if you know how a brewery works. BUT the brewer is a good fellow and his wife is nice, too.

I don't drink in bars much, but when I do I look for the Franconia weizen. It tastes like what normal weizen tastes like in Germany. Most of the wheat beers we import are damaged, IMO; they're delicate.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:00 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
It's a small brewery, not a great to see if you know how a brewery works. BUT the brewer is a good fellow and his wife is nice, too.

I don't drink in bars much, but when I do I look for the Franconia weizen. It tastes like what normal weizen tastes like in Germany. Most of the wheat beers we import are damaged, IMO; they're delicate.
That would be largely because of the pasteurization done to preserve the beer for export. Fresh beer is great.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.