Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM  
Huge Member

Dallas, Providence Village
Good Beer Store?

I recently went to Kansas to visit family over Thanksgiving. While up there my brother-in-law took me to Gobel Liquor on the west side of Wichita. This place was amazing, it craft beer out the wazoo. I was wondering if anyone knows of any stores around here that are like that, specializing in craft beer. I know central market has a good selection, so does market street, but nothing like this. I was blown away.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 AM  

TX
Kegs & Barrels and Mr. G's (both in Plano) have a decent selection.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:10 PM  

St Louis, MO
I've been away from Dallas for about 5 years, but Goody Goody used to have a decent selection. Sigels on Mockingbird had a good selection also. Not a lot of craft beer, but a good selection of imports that is hard to find. Sigels was the only place I could pick up a six pack of Belhaven Wee Heavy!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:26 PM  

Frisco, Texas
The best bottle shops in the Metroplex are below - all of which specialize in craft beers.

Halls - Grapevine / Colleyville area
Sams Beverages - Carrollton - my favorite - ask for the special bottles in the back
Lonestar Beverages - Carrollton
Keg's and Barrels - Plano
Mr. G's - Plano - LARGE Selection
Central Market - Plano / Southlake
Majestic - Addison
Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM  

Seattle, Washington
I recently visited the Dallas area and was extremely disappointed by the beer selection in grocery stores. I wish i had checked this thread earlier.

Are any of these bottle shops strictly beer?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM  
Huge Member

Dallas, Providence Village
I think keg and barrel has mostly beer. They usually have a really good selection. I was just curious, if any stores out there were strictly in the craft beer scene, like the one I visited in Wichita. This guy is so into pleasing his customers, that he travels a lot, and if he doesn't carry it, he will make a list, and when he travels, bring it back with him. My brother-in-law is good friends with him, and he is constantly bring him back Dogfish head stuff that KS does not receive. what? I felt it needed a fish bonk!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:15 PM  

North Richland Hills, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFidy View Post
The best bottle shops in the Metroplex are below - all of which specialize in craft beers.

Halls - Grapevine / Colleyville area
Sams Beverages - Carrollton - my favorite - ask for the special bottles in the back
Lonestar Beverages - Carrollton
Keg's and Barrels - Plano
Mr. G's - Plano - LARGE Selection
Central Market - Plano / Southlake
Majestic - Addison
I went to Halls (off 121) last week and was pretty dissapointed in the selection of single bottles. Central Market so far seems to be one of the better places in Ft Worth. I haven't tried too many of the liquor shops though like Majestic.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM  

Dallas, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iijakii View Post
I went to Halls (off 121) last week and was pretty disappointed in the selection of single bottles. Central Market so far seems to be one of the better places in Ft Worth. I haven't tried too many of the liquor shops though like Majestic.
I disagree. Hall's usually gets the new stuff way before anyone else does! they got Samichlaus before any other store and they also have all of allagash's recent releases (black, 4 malt, victor, victoria). No one store has it all though. There is a new beer store (and literally just a beer store) in McKinney on Eldorado between Hardin and Lake Forest that carries a variety of beers but they are a very small shop. They only have like 8-10 windows. and ALL they carry is beer. I actually got 2 six packs of the DR10 when it was sold out everywhere else because nobody knows he's there! Can't remember the name of the store but it is on the north side of Eldorado in same strip center as Imperial Garden Chinese.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 AM  

Tyler, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iijakii View Post
I went to Halls (off 121) last week and was pretty dissapointed in the selection of single bottles. Central Market so far seems to be one of the better places in Ft Worth. I haven't tried too many of the liquor shops though like Majestic.
Central Market is good... you can buy by the bottle too!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:52 AM  

Snyder, Texas
I don't know dallas to well but I've found centennial liquor has a very decent selection for such a small out of the way place.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads