Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 AM  

Dallas, TX
Local Credit Unions?

Wells Fargo fraud department totally failed me so I'm looking to switch to a new bank and and considering going with a local to Texas credit union.
I saw $2.90 fraudulent charge on my card on the 10th, I canceled my card that day, and then apparently (it was never in my pending charges), they allowed a $670 International purchase from some place in Austria on the same card. I didn't see this charge until 18th.
First off, how does an international charge like that not trigger me getting a call from the fraud department asking if the charges are valid? Second, I canceled my card so how did that go through? Anyways, that kind of failure has got me looking to move banks.

SO, does anyone have experience with local credit unions? Specifically with regards to how they handle fraud? I had a local bank back in California that would call me if I even used my card at a gas station out of state.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
We used Randolph Brooks which I think might be local to Central Texas? If not, credit CU.

I believe Security Service is one of the largest CU in the Nation, also a good one.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM  

The Colony, TX
I have not banked with them, but my car loan is with Texas Credit Union, and their customer support has been great to us. Maybe check them out for banking too!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 AM  

Anyone know of any other good CUs?

CUs used to give better rates on their savings accounts, but I haven't had one in a while.

All the "big" banks don't offer anything good for rates... like 0.05% - 0.45% (Nothing basically

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!