Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoo View Post
Too bad they couldn't make a better stand against S.F., but losing the World Series means that you got to play in the WORLD SERIES! Winning is better, but just getting there means you are the best in your league.
Better luck next year Rangers!
I agree! Us making it to the World Series for the first time EVER is a huge statement to make, especially when coming from bankruptcy. They simply got outplayed, S.F. made it impossible for us to rack up any runs. But hey, at least we won 1 game

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM  

Rockwall, Texas
Same here, but can go back to the '50's, until the Rangers came to town that is. Tried to attend as many Rangers/Yankees games as I could going back to the old Arlington Stadium days. Still I'm thrilled I was able to see the Rangers make the run for the World Series Penant. Can't wait for next season! My Ladie now shares my passion for baseball, she's been listening on the radio with me and glued to the TV the last few games!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
My Ladie now shares my passion for baseball, she's been listening on the radio with me and glued to the TV the last few games!
My grandmother is one dedicated fan as well. She doesn't have cable, so she would bring out her radio to listen the broadcast and call me continuously with updates. She was bummed, to say the least, when they lost last night.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:46 AM  
Genetically Altered

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I agree! Us making it to the World Series for the first time EVER is a huge statement to make, especially when coming from bankruptcy. They simply got outplayed, S.F. made it impossible for us to rack up any runs. But hey, at least we won 1 game
I agree as well. I'm sure the players are bummed but they made a lot of fans happy. I bet we'll be seeing a lot more Rangers hats next year too.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 AM  

Amory, Mississippi
My Aunt taught Mitch Moreland's sister in elementary school, random I know.I love the Rangers, so happy they made it to the World Series!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 AM  

The Colony, TX
Itching for opening day tickets already...who else is pumped up for another season? Team drama aside, I'm excited!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:16 PM  

Rockwall
I cannot wait either!

Has Young decided if he is staying or going?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I cannot wait either!

Has Young decided if he is staying or going?
Not sure, but I wonder how much longer he can play as he is getting older...
Hate to say it, but it might be better to trade up for some young talent for less money...maybe next year anyway.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM  

One another note, I sort of glad that Lee is gone.

I think DWF was glad to accept him as our own, but doesn't seem like his feelings were the same toward his new fans. That aside, it fees up TONS (aka millons) of dallars to build up the team and strengthen other areas versus limping (slightly) along with what you have just to keep 1 pitcher.

Maybe keep the pitchers you have for the first half of the season then trade up before the trade deadline to beat those dang Yankees...

Is linthicum coming up for bid soon? haha, much rather spread the money out for other good players...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 AM  

The Colony, TX
Good point with Lee. There is huge opportunity now to build up the talent we have on the bench as well as scout for some fresh strong arms.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.