Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
Army. i just like the cheap liquor
I spent some time serving.... 3rd Rangers/ Ft.Benning.... Now im 300+ lbs,ordering teenagers around...lol

I'm only 47, and disabled from a bad jump/ and a bad vaccine shot....just saying..not whining

Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM  

Dayton does have Belmont Party Supply, which is one of the highest rated beer stores in the nation. You wouldn't know that by visiting though. It's in a sketchy neighborhood and it's pretty dingy inside. However, they do have a great selection of Belgians and tons of microbrews. Another place to check out is Chappy's tap room in West Carrollton. Their food is great and they always have a good selection of beers on tap.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:09 AM  

Xenia, Ohio
And let's not forget, Arrow Beer & Wine in Kettering and Miamisburg, oh, and the place in the Riverside area at Page Manor.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 PM  

I haven't been to Arrow in quite some time, but unless it's changed it doesn't compare much to Belmont in terms of quality/variety/rareness of beers.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:48 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
I requested the city listing, we need a Dayton forum but are there 100 people who have internet in Dayton? Hmmmm..............
Old 11-20-2010, 11:50 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
SouthPark Tavern is having a Beerfest today its 40 bucks for beer and pizza but the money goes to charity.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:52 PM  

Dayton, OH
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
nothing good in dayton other than Wright Patt PX
How much time have you spent in Dayton? Been anywhere other than the base? What else have you visited other than the Wright Patt liquor store? Yes, it is difficult to find the good in Dayton, but it is here. We have one of the best beer and homebrew stores in the country in Belmont Party Supply (and Brewtensils). Also a few good establishments for draft beer which have been mentioned as well as Dewey's, Tank's and Harrigan's (South). Don't leave out Dave Boston's place North of town. Good food can be had at a few places that are still not the corporate chains.

Not a lot to offer, but definitely more than the air force base. That whole area defines suck.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM  

Dayton, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshauno View Post
I requested the city listing, we need a Dayton forum but are there 100 people who have internet in Dayton? Hmmmm..............
I'm one more who's back on.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 PM  

I suppose the first question I have for anyone griping about Dayton is "what are you looking for?"

I'm close by in Springfield, and I will admit I usually head toward Columbus for the city. That is because I was born and raised there. I went to UD for law school though. There are lots of neat and interesting places near and around Dayton, other than Wright-Patt. I do have to admit I love the Air Force Museum there. Go toward Yellow Springs and there is mountain biking, there is also rafting on some of the rivers, with a white water facility being put together in Springfield. There is also trout fishing on the Mad River. I can think of any number of things that one can find to do, it just takes looking and maybe asking someone.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM  

Anyone in a good homebrew club in Dayton? I am currently in Southern CA, but moving to Dayton in May. It would be cool to know of a few fellow brewers before moving.

We're also looking for a heads up on good food. Particularly greek, italian, mexican and sushi!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Bookmark this Page!