Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 AM  

Dayton, OH
Let's get a Dayton forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
Anyone in a good homebrew club in Dayton? I am currently in Southern CA, but moving to Dayton in May. It would be cool to know of a few fellow brewers before moving.

We're also looking for a heads up on good food. Particularly greek, italian, mexican and sushi!
DRAFT is the regional homebrew club. I've been recruited a few times, but have yet to go. Belmont Party Supply has brew outs each month during the warm enough ones. You can meet plenty of people there.

Good food: Coco's, C'est Tout, Sushi Cafe, Pine Club and plenty more. Check out restaurant week to try local, nonchain spots.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM  

I'm not a home brewer, but I do know you can also get brewing supplies and the like at Main Squeeze in Yellow Springs, not too far from Dayton.

Main Squeeze- Homebrewing, Wine Making, Brewing Advice, Brewing Demonstrations, Cheesmaking, Sourdough cultures, chese cultures and espresso!

Also, The Winds Cafe in Yellow Springs is a very good restaurant with a constantly changing menu.

The Winds Cafe and Bakery

No, I don't live in Yellow Springs nor do I get paid to promote the place.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
To answer ndsgr
Greek- Chicago Gyros 520 Wilmington, Good Gyros not much other Greek
Lebanese- Cedarland 4515 Linden Ave., Good Falafel, & deserts
Mexican - Taqueria Mixteca East Third st., hands down best authentic Mexican food
Sushi- Akashi 2020 Harshman, BEST sushi I've ever had & by the base.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 AM  

Sweet. Thanks dude!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 AM  

I did some looking into DRAFT. They seem pretty well set up. I am currently part of 2 clubs. One was really small, but has grown up fast. The second has been around for a long time and is at about 25 members. I'm not sure I want to be part of a club much bigger than that. I'll probably do the 3 meetings free thing to check them out, just to give them a shot. Maybe I'll be surprised, but one of the large clubs where I live now just becomes a party once a month. I'm too old at heart to have keggers.

Is it bad that I think I'm going to miss my homebrew club more than some family that lives nearby?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 AM  

Nope. I moved to get away from some of my family members.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:48 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
I'm for a Dayton forum.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
I joined DRAFT earlier this year. It's a great club with great people.

and I agree, Dayton should have it's own subforum, were a great city with plenty to do - you just have to be willing to go look for it.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post

We're also looking for a heads up on good food. Particularly greek, italian, mexican and sushi!

Greek- I wish there was an amazing Greek place in Dayton. My boyfriend is very Greek and the only amazing Greek we've had besides from (Big Fat) Greek Weddings was in Chicago. I've heard Columbus has some good ones.

Italian- Mamma DiSalvo's is highly regarded. There is a little inexpensive place called Jimmy's Italian Kitchen that's pretty decent as well.

Mexican- I prefer Pepito's myself. They actually have cactus as an entree.

Sushi- Sima is excellent. Saki is pretty great, and they offer HALF OFF sushi on weekdays.

You didn't ask for it, but DO check out Boulevard Haus, Blind Bob's and Christophers. Boulevard Haus is a VERY tasty German restaurant. Blind Bob's is a local rock venue at night and they offer some amazing grub during the day. Pineapple stuffed hamburger, anyone? Lastly Christopher's is little American style family restaurant with a great variety. Worth checking out for sure!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinRei View Post
You didn't ask for it, but DO check out Boulevard Haus, Blind Bob's and Christophers. Boulevard Haus is a VERY tasty German restaurant. Blind Bob's is a local rock venue at night and they offer some amazing grub during the day. Pineapple stuffed hamburger, anyone? Lastly Christopher's is little American style family restaurant with a great variety. Worth checking out for sure!
YES Please!

I just started embracing German food after a killer Oktoberfest party at a buddy's house. I never knew my ancestry could actually produce good food. Thanks for the tips!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.