Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 AM  

Good areas around Dayton

I'm moving to the Dayton area in 77 days, not that I'm counting down or anything.

Anyway, from friends that have moved there, I am told I want to shoot to live in Beavercreek. My issue is that it is a little more than I want to pay right now. In about a year, I won't mind though.

So for now, we are going to probably rent. My question is, where is a decent place to look for now? My 3 year old wont be starting school for a little while, so schools my not be all that important.

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
ndsgr:: It might help to know how far your willing to drive ..(work,shopping..etc)..There are alot of nice areas around Dayton..The farther out away from Dayton you get the better it will be..lots of small towns and villages within 5-25 miles on all sides of Dayton..I live S/W of Dayton..about 15 miles and it's great to be able not have to fight traffic and such...

Old 02-27-2011, 09:30 AM  

Agreed with BRnGT....if you give us some idea of what area of town you'll be working in (if you already have a job lined up) and how far you are willing to commute it would help. Kettering would be a good place to look in my opinion.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM  

I'll be working at Wright-Patt. I've been out there before, but didn't think I'd be living there at the time. Ideally I would like a 25 minute or less commute, but if we loved an area, it's flexible.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM  

Fairborn would be very close to the base since the base is pretty much in Fairborn. Beavercreek is also close, but as you mentioned it is probably off limits for the start. I live in Kettering and have my whole life. I would recommend it if you can find something in your price range. Really though, if you find anything with close access to I-675 you should be within a 25 minute drive to the base.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM  

Centerville, OH
I moved here (HAFB to WPAFB) in January.
Everyone said: Beavercreek.

It is nice, large enough area so that there are choices from suburb-like to rural/suburb-like.

My wife and I ended up in Centerville (2 blocks from elementary, middle and high school)! Nice place -- I'd wished we'd picked out, just a bit more (e.g., acre or so, a bit away from town). It was her pick, and its a nice house/place.

I liked Beaverceerk, Bellbrook, Sugarcreek, Centerville. All within 15-20m drive to the base.
Huber Heights and Fairborn were not to our tastes (closer to the base, not quite what we wanted).

Riverside gets too Dayton-urban.

Oakwood and Kettering are nice, but too busy/suburb, older homes, houses sometimes too close together.

-- joe
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM  

Thanks guys! We actually went a little further south to Springboro. We have a signed contract and hope to close on the 3rd, barring any issues.

It's a little further than I wanted to drive, but isn't horrible. I made the drive a couple of times so far and it's not too bad, actually less than my commute back in college.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
Thanks guys! We actually went a little further south to Springboro. We have a signed contract and hope to close on the 3rd, barring any issues.

It's a little further than I wanted to drive, but isn't horrible. I made the drive a couple of times so far and it's not too bad, actually less than my commute back in college.
Also Warren CO....your taxes will be cheaper..than Montgomery Co...and alot nicer neighborhood than Fairborn...Good Luck...
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 AM  

Centerville, OH
I ended up in Centerville ... just over from Springboro.
I'm at AFRL HQ in area B.

So, we're loosely neighbors and co-wokers ;-)

If you check the AF GAL, I'm the only 'joseph judge' in AFRL/XPRO
Msg me if you ever need anything.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 AM  

I need some advice on areas, my husband has been relocated to Richmond IN, but we want to stay near Dayton and close to Route 70, so I have a better recourse to find work. We have been looking in the Clayton/Englebrook and Vandalia area. Any advice? There seems to be a lot of foreclosure in this area. Is this over national economy or have these communities started to go down hill?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.