Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 AM  

Elkton, MD
Headed to my first DFH tour on Friday. I can't wait! I can't believe I've been down here since '93 and am just getting around to checking it out.

Not sure what the policy on picture taking there - but if we can get some good one's I'll post a few.

Then of course a trip to the Pub on Saturday.

Here's to Burton Baton (my current favorite DFH beer)!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:13 PM  

Elkton, Maryland
His book about starting DFH was really good. "Brewing up a business" is reread several times a year.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM  

Lynchburg, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDVDuber View Post
Headed to my first DFH tour on Friday. I can't wait! I can't believe I've been down here since '93 and am just getting around to checking it out.

Not sure what the policy on picture taking there - but if we can get some good one's I'll post a few.
They are fine with taking photos, I think I have pictures of every square inch of the place, of course it has changed a lot since I took those. My favorite pics were of the Emerson Quote, The Palo Santo Barrels, Sam's first Sabco that they paid him not to use, and of course the picture of Me, Sam, and my wife in the bottling room!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM  

Wilmington, DE, DE
Make a weekend out of it if you get a chance. A really great restaurant and brewery and not sure if they still do the weekend-stay thing like Sam mentioned in his "Brewing Up a Business" book. The beers are the most unique (yet amazing) that I've ever had, and have given me much inspiration over the years with my homebrewing.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 AM  

Newport, Vermont
The Discovery show is awesome. In August I went to Maine to get some 120min IPA, it is the closest place to me inVT that has it. The guy at the store said that there was a problem with the batch and they poured it out. I was like yeah right. Then last thursday there it is on the show!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:25 AM  

Boston, MA
I've enjoyed the Discovery channel Show- Thanks for the tip about Beer wars tehsumo.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
I wish they would sell it in kansas !!! i watch that show it is awesome.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:00 PM  

I love their hoppy beers, but how is the food at the brew pub?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 PM  

Little Rock, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
I love their hoppy beers, but how is the food at the brew pub?
You will not be disappointed. I like to say `awesomely awesome'.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 PM  

Milford, DE
DFH tour

The tour is awesome. This is our hometown brewery and we still take the tour. Best tip is to go to Rehoboth and visit the brewpub. They serve the Johnny Cask 75 min IPA and it is handpumped. This is only available at the brewpub. Worth the drive from anywhere.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads