Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2015, 08:33 PM  

Moving to DE from Upstate NY

Hey everyone!

It's been almost 3 years since anyone posted a thread on here for Delaware so I hope there are still some folks out there to reply and offer up some advice.

My other half and I are planning on moving to Delaware in the fall, relocating from Syracuse, NY. Right now we are looking in the Millsboro/Millville/Bethany/Rehoboth area, pretty much anywhere around the bay and within a 45ish minute drive to the beaches.

Just curious as to where the nice neighborhoods are, and where things like grocery shopping (losing wegmans will be rough for me), dining, shopping, and activities are.

We do not want to live in a ground-rent community, and when searching on trulia it seems hard to find homes outside of those types of neighborhoods.

Having super close neighbors isn't super important, but coming from the hippie/artsy section of a college town, I'm hoping to find somewhere in southern Delaware with some culture/sense of community. We are a young (early 30s) couple looking to escape the harsh upstate NY winters and even harsher NY taxes, and hoping to find some younger, up-and-coming areas of Southern Delaware to relocate to.

Hope you guys can offer up some good advice!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Bookmark this Page!