Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 AM  

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Tax-free shopping, baby!

Other than that... well, there's the beach at rehoboth (like the others said), and if you go there, just park it at Dogfish Head Brewery.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:12 PM  

Wilmington, Delaware
I would gladly give you a good reason to visit Delaware. First you must agree not to stay too long!

Additionally, you must agree to convince everyone you see with Pennsylvania, Maryland, or (God forbid) Washington D.C. license plates to leave immediately and never return.

When you achieve your second assignment you will have your "good reason" to visit Delaware

Thank you for your cooperation.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM  

Wilmington, DE, DE
I've lived in DE most of my life (I'm 30) and depending on what time of year you're here would dictate which end of Delaware to visit (although northern DE is ~90 min drive from southern DE). I would say the Rehoboth Beach area during Spring/Summer. Definitely make a stop by Dogfish Head (restaurant is in Rehoboth off the main strip, the brewery is a short drive north in Milton) and check out the food (calamari is the best around), beer (really unique/great beers if you haven't tried already, incase you haven't seen Brewmasters on Discovery Channel), and tax free shopping at the outlets on Rt. 1 just before you hit Rehoboth from the north. If you visit during the Fall/Winter, I'd recommend northern DE (where I currently live). There you will find Christiana Mall (again, tax-free shopping...many cross over from PA, MD, or NJ and shop there for that reason) and stop by Iron Hill in Wilmington off the Riverfront. There are twp Iron Hills in DE...the one in Newark is in the heart of University of DE off of Main st., but I find that their beer isn't as good as the Wilmington location. Aside from that, not much else IMHO.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 PM  

Newark, DE
hands down, the beaches. they are much less crowded than other beaches, but still a lot of fun. plus the food is great, and no sales tax!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM  

Milford, DE
No Sales Tax

One reason to visit Delaware is NO sales tax. And legal table games, NFL betting, great beaches, wonderful food, NASCAR, great weather and if you go to the beach... Louie's Pizza the best hands down.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM  

DE
The Great Dune at Cape Henlopen plus all the walking trails and the Dogfish Head brewery tour in Milton... thats about it
Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 PM  

Middletown, DE
One Good Reason to visit Delaware

The obvious answer is: to get from Pennslyvania to Maryland by road driven vehicle it is the fastest and shortest route. I live here and I can not give a good reason unless you enjoy nice beaches (East Coast) that have State facilities at user friendly prices which include camping and surf fishing. Wilmington has a fair night life (theater, etc). Here is one, Philadelphia, Baltimore, NY City and Washington DC, and the Poconos are all within a 3-4 hour drive. Try this for a few reasons.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:23 PM  

Millville, DE
Tax free shopping!!!!

Do I need to say more?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:17 PM  

One of the things I love best about this state is its abundance of disc golf courses. I know it's a niche thing, but there are some world class courses here -- Iron Hill, Carousel, Brandywine. I'd say per capita, DE is among the best disc golf spots in the US.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM  

Rehoboth Beach, DE
Learn to surf over the Summer!

Rehoboth Beach - Rehoboth Boarding School

boardingschoolrb.com

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.