Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2010, 08:30 PM  

Dover, Delaware
Support your Local SPCA

Hey everyone My Girlfriend works for the Kent Country SPCA and every day I hear about some of the dogs and cats and numerous other animals that need good homes. We our selves have taken in a wonderful Pit-bull puppy who was beaten and abandoned and has improved greatly and went from a very sick and scared puppy to an amazingly energetic and healthy, loving puppy. I know what your thinking (Pit-Bulls are mean) Common Miss-conception but that is another topic. But The reason I'm posting is to say that their many other animals cats and dogs alike that need a good home and in my experience there is nothing like coming home from work to a wonderful caring pet. So please support your local SPCA.

Here are some before and after Pics.
Support your Local SPCA-0724101759.jpg 

Support your Local SPCA-47058_438043391570_502716570_5593317_5943364_n.jpg 

Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What a great thread! I take in all the animals that I can realistically take, to show them a good home.

Support your local shelters!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 AM  

Wilmington, DE
My wife does the about same thing, except it's volunteer work for Delaware Humane. We have 5 dogs, one of them is a rescue dog. We may add another rescue to the pack.

Delaware Humane Association: Delaware Humane Association Home Page
Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 AM  

Dover, Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo05 View Post
My wife does the about same thing, except it's volunteer work for Delaware Humane. We have 5 dogs, one of them is a rescue dog. We may add another rescue to the pack.

Delaware Humane Association: Delaware Humane Association Home Page
That is Awesome it really is good to know there are others doing there part and then some. Keep up the awesome work!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM  

Middletown, DE
We are always taking in animals when we can... even the larger sized ones... such as horses and such... Def. well worth the time and money when you can come home and get affection from them for what you do.. Pups looking good... and I hope he does keep the awesome temperment he seems to have now!!! I know not all of them are mean... but that causes most of the issues that the SPCA's and such have... is people not wanting them, or abusing then like yours was... then they tend to pick up a bit of an attitude but it is more of a self defense thing than a being mean thing...
Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 PM  

Bear, Delaware/USA
If you can't accept the responsibility of rescuing a pet, then donate items, time or money as it's all appreciated.

Take care,

John
Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM  

Rockwall
It breaks my heart to know there are people out there that could harm such innocent creatures. I try to donate to animal funds whenever I can, if we don't do something who will?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM  

Livonia, Mi
Those dogs look pretty beaten up
Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 AM  

Wilmington, delaware
My daughter is an absolute animal lover, she is thinking about volunteering at the Stanton SPCA, I just know if she does we'll end up with more animals than we already have!!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 AM  

This is one charity who receives monthly $$ donations from my family. We also donate towels, bedding, crates and dog toys. If you don't have any extra cash to donate, please consider a non-monetary donation, your local SPCA could probably use it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Delaware
Bookmark this Page!