Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 AM  

Dallas, Texas
Best/cheapest ski resort

Anyone know what the best cheap ski resort is around Denver? I have been to Winterpark, Keystone, and Sunlight. Of those three, Sunlight was the cheapest but not really the most fun. The good thing about it was that its not crowded. Looking for something closer to Denver though with the same price range or volume of people.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:37 AM  

georgetown, colorado
loveland. you drive right by it to get to keystone. its not really a "resort", but its cheap and super awesome

Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM  

The closest resorts to Denver are Loveland, right on I-70 at the Eisenhower tunnel, and Eldora, which is near Nederland west of Boulder. Unfortunately the places with the best snow and most amenities are also crowded and more expensive. Once Eldora gets the snow it needs it's really a great place, with few crowds.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:52 PM  

boulder, CO
Eldora 100%.

I live in Boulder so its the only pass I get.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:05 PM  

I gotta go with Loveland Ski Area. You can get discounts to there almost anywhere and it's never crowded. You can buy a season pass online.

Only bad part it is a day ski area - no lodging. They have some incredible ski terrain. It's bigger than you think it is.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 AM  

Denver, Colorado
Keep in mind that I am new to the sport but I have found some great deals at A-Basin. It is right on the other side of Loveland Pass. I have fun there and there are some runs and trails that I have yet to try out due to lack of skill. I think there is a 4 pack deal for like $130.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 AM  

Second vote on ABasin.
After the initial beginning of the season crush there's no line and with the Montezuma bowl open there's tons of terrain for all levels.
The best deal was the $119 four pack (expired) but the current 4 pack is only $139 but it expires Dec 12th so don't wait!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I used to spend a week in Denver every winter and I usually went to Loveland, though I spent a few winters at Breckenridge. Overall I liked Breckenridge better, but Loveland was more chill, and not as crowded for sure.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-15-2010, 05:11 PM  

Littleton/Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Pretty much anywhere is bomb. If its not as great skiing theres no massive lines to wait it! Breck is pretty fun.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 PM  

Colorado
I agree with the others that Loveland is a quick drive from the Denver Metro and has something for everyone. One of my favorites!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!