Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
Biking trails/single track near Denver?

I live in Lakewood, CO (near Denver) and was wondering if there are some great biking trails near the area. Preferably free

Old 10-07-2010, 04:59 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
depending on what area you live in Lakewood there is a bike trail that runs from Bear Valley Park all the way to Morrison. not sure how far it goes by the time i get to Morrison when i start around Wadsworth and Hampden i'm dead and want to go home. if you go the other way you can make it to down town Denver. going out to Morrison you will find alot of little dirt trails but mostly paved

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 PM  

Longmont, CO
My favorite, while not exactly in your area, is Hall Ranch in Lyons. It has a good technical section at the beginning, followed by a nice climb, and then a scenic loop and lots of downhill back to the parking area. And if technical isn't your bag, start from the fruit loops parking area. (apple valley road, I think is the proper term)
Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_cavalier View Post
depending on what area you live in Lakewood there is a bike trail that runs from Bear Valley Park all the way to Morrison. not sure how far it goes by the time i get to Morrison when i start around Wadsworth and Hampden i'm dead and want to go home. if you go the other way you can make it to down town Denver. going out to Morrison you will find alot of little dirt trails but mostly paved
I think that trail comes up to Lair O' the Bear, which is some nice singletrack..

Marshal Mesa is pretty nice, too. It's off of 93 close to Boulder.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 PM  

Littleton, Colorado
Red Rocks has some really nice bike trails. There is one that takes you up the back to the very top you might like.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM  

Littleton, Colorado
Also, you could bike Chatfield Reservoir. It's even better if you have a dog as the dog park is right there.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM  

Roxborough Park

For a nice quick ride near you try the S. Platte River Rd. ride it is near Chatfield Resivior & Roxborough Park.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM  

Steamboat Springs, CO
My favorite close to Denver trails... Dakota Ridge, Apex, White Ranch. In Boulder, Walker and Heil Ranch, Lyons - Hall Ranch.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
Thanks everyone for the responses.
Winters just around the corner so I was hoping to get some more rides in...
However, I broke my derailleur the other day so it is out of commission.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM  

Lakewood, Colorado
How is Green Mountain? Is that still a nice quick hill challenge?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!