Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I live just an hour south of Denver, in Colorado Springs and I would like to move to Denver, or at least closer to it. It's just closer to everything, mountains, snowboarding, 4x4, bigger city, etc. Last I was told, Colorado gets close to 300 days of sun per year.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
About 300 days would have at least one hour of sunshine sometime during the day, but only about 115 days in Denver per year fit the classic definition of "clear". -- Answered by Nolan Doesken (9/03).

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 AM  

Lakewood, Colorado
We average around 300 days of sun a year or more easily.
Metro Denver
Old 09-29-2010, 07:55 AM  

Denver, CO
Im thinking about relocating from Denver to Seattle. Grew up here and kind of getting tired of it. I-70 on weekends sucks pretty bad. If you have an irregular work schedule though it is much nicer to get out. The weather is great, and the access to the mountains is pretty hard to beat. Lots of high mountain passes and old mining roads. A lifetime worth of exploring. Beers pretty good too.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm on Oahu right now, which essentially has 2 major highways that are always slampacked. It'll take me about 1-1.5 hours to get the 11 miles to Honolulu, it's very frustrating. That being said, I don't think any amount of traffic at wherever I move to is going to frustrate me quite as much as being on this tiny island with so many people...

That's definitely a factor that I'm looking for - is being close to the wilderness, so I can get out of the city.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoclimber View Post
Im thinking about relocating from Denver to Seattle. Grew up here and kind of getting tired of it. I-70 on weekends sucks pretty bad. If you have an irregular work schedule though it is much nicer to get out. The weather is great, and the access to the mountains is pretty hard to beat. Lots of high mountain passes and old mining roads. A lifetime worth of exploring. Beers pretty good too.
Nice FJ, was that pic taken at Coney Flats?
BTW, Im thinking about relocating from Denver the Orlando area, lol
Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
BTW, Im thinking about relocating from Denver the Orlando area, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoclimber View Post
Grew up North of Seattle, left at 19 since I could not stand the 9 months of gray weather. Lived in Santa Cruz and Pismo Beach, CA before I came to Colorado. I have no intention of leaving.

I travel a lot for work, and Florida is one of those places I detest visiting, but to each their own.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
Grew up North of Seattle, left at 19 since I could not stand the 9 months of gray weather. Lived in Santa Cruz and Pismo Beach, CA before I came to Colorado. I have no intention of leaving.

I travel a lot for work, and Florida is one of those places I detest visiting, but to each their own.
why ? what dont you like about Florida ?
its funny, on my off road forums, when people ask about moving to Colorado, I usually say "Colorado is FULL" cant move here, lol
BTW, I feel the exact same way about Ca. I lived there in the Army, and will NEVER ever go back, no amout of money could ever make me live in that state..
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 AM  

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
why ? what dont you like about Florida ?
its funny, on my off road forums, when people ask about moving to Colorado, I usually say "Colorado is FULL" cant move here, lol
BTW, I feel the exact same way about Ca. I lived there in the Army, and will NEVER ever go back, no amout of money could ever make me live in that state..
I don't like the heat/humidity, it is flat, has a season called hurricane and I hate the Gators, Hurricanes, and the Seminoles

I won't go back to California. There are some nice places to visit, but my inlaws have a house there, so that is easy.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Ewww California. I was stationed there for about 2 years, and while I didn't absolutely hate it, I'm confident that I won't go back!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.