Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM  
Junior Member

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6 | Kudos: +10
I live just an hour south of Denver, in Colorado Springs and I would like to move to Denver, or at least closer to it. It's just closer to everything, mountains, snowboarding, 4x4, bigger city, etc. Last I was told, Colorado gets close to 300 days of sun per year.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:56 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
About 300 days would have at least one hour of sunshine sometime during the day, but only about 115 days in Denver per year fit the classic definition of "clear". -- Answered by Nolan Doesken (9/03).
__________________

__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 AM  
Junior Member

Lakewood, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +10
We average around 300 days of sun a year or more easily.
Metro Denver
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 AM  
Junior Member
 
coloradoclimber's Avatar

Denver, CO
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8 | Kudos: +10
Im thinking about relocating from Denver to Seattle. Grew up here and kind of getting tired of it. I-70 on weekends sucks pretty bad. If you have an irregular work schedule though it is much nicer to get out. The weather is great, and the access to the mountains is pretty hard to beat. Lots of high mountain passes and old mining roads. A lifetime worth of exploring. Beers pretty good too.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:37 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
I'm on Oahu right now, which essentially has 2 major highways that are always slampacked. It'll take me about 1-1.5 hours to get the 11 miles to Honolulu, it's very frustrating. That being said, I don't think any amount of traffic at wherever I move to is going to frustrate me quite as much as being on this tiny island with so many people...

That's definitely a factor that I'm looking for - is being close to the wilderness, so I can get out of the city.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:10 AM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoclimber View Post
Im thinking about relocating from Denver to Seattle. Grew up here and kind of getting tired of it. I-70 on weekends sucks pretty bad. If you have an irregular work schedule though it is much nicer to get out. The weather is great, and the access to the mountains is pretty hard to beat. Lots of high mountain passes and old mining roads. A lifetime worth of exploring. Beers pretty good too.
Nice FJ, was that pic taken at Coney Flats?
BTW, Im thinking about relocating from Denver the Orlando area, lol
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:26 PM  
Junior Member

Boulder, Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15 | Kudos: +12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
BTW, Im thinking about relocating from Denver the Orlando area, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoclimber View Post
Im thinking about relocating from Denver to Seattle. Grew up here and kind of getting tired of it. I-70 on weekends sucks pretty bad. If you have an irregular work schedule though it is much nicer to get out. The weather is great, and the access to the mountains is pretty hard to beat. Lots of high mountain passes and old mining roads. A lifetime worth of exploring. Beers pretty good too.
Grew up North of Seattle, left at 19 since I could not stand the 9 months of gray weather. Lived in Santa Cruz and Pismo Beach, CA before I came to Colorado. I have no intention of leaving.

I travel a lot for work, and Florida is one of those places I detest visiting, but to each their own.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:15 AM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post
Grew up North of Seattle, left at 19 since I could not stand the 9 months of gray weather. Lived in Santa Cruz and Pismo Beach, CA before I came to Colorado. I have no intention of leaving.

I travel a lot for work, and Florida is one of those places I detest visiting, but to each their own.
why ? what dont you like about Florida ?
its funny, on my off road forums, when people ask about moving to Colorado, I usually say "Colorado is FULL" cant move here, lol
BTW, I feel the exact same way about Ca. I lived there in the Army, and will NEVER ever go back, no amout of money could ever make me live in that state..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 AM  
Junior Member

Boulder, Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15 | Kudos: +12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
why ? what dont you like about Florida ?
its funny, on my off road forums, when people ask about moving to Colorado, I usually say "Colorado is FULL" cant move here, lol
BTW, I feel the exact same way about Ca. I lived there in the Army, and will NEVER ever go back, no amout of money could ever make me live in that state..
I don't like the heat/humidity, it is flat, has a season called hurricane and I hate the Gators, Hurricanes, and the Seminoles

I won't go back to California. There are some nice places to visit, but my inlaws have a house there, so that is easy.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:49 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Ewww California. I was stationed there for about 2 years, and while I didn't absolutely hate it, I'm confident that I won't go back!
__________________

__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.