Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 04:35 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep4x4 View Post
If you enjoy hiking, biking, Jeeping, etc. you will love Colorado.
I mean, is there more of a statement after my own heart?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 PM  

Dallas, PA
From the sounds of everyone's posts Colorado seems like its awesome. It definitely seems like its for me!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Me, too man. I'm definitely liking it the more that I hear about it!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Boulder is not even in the United States of America, much less a part of Denver. There is a reason people call it the People's Republic and "4 square miles surrounded by reality", but you're in the fishbowl my friend and it's hard to explain that there is a whole world outside when you only see the distorted living room!
again, I totally agree... get on some other forums, I mean other types of forums, car forums, 4x4 forums etc, and see what people say about boulder

"People's Republic" is correct...

Colorado is full....
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 AM  

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
again, I totally agree... get on some other forums, I mean other types of forums, car forums, 4x4 forums etc, and see what people say about boulder

"People's Republic" is correct...

Colorado is full....
So not to derail someone else's thread, I started a new thread here to discuss outsiders views of Boulder and how they came to them.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/col...-boulder-3314/
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM  

Greenville, SC
I currently live in SC but have been seeking relocation to CO for the past few years. Granted my job search has not truly intensified yet I still desire to live there one day. The biggest obstacle you may encounter is job placement. Your military experience may be a great help in that area however. Truth of the matter is, there are far more applicants than vacancies in Colorado. After visiting there many, many times (Colorado Springs, Denver, Arvada, Longmont, Estes Park, etc.) I'm convinced there is no other place to live. It's a wonderful state and the benefits/experiences offered there are unmatched. Good luck in your relocation!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 AM  

Denver, Colorado
Definitely stay away from Boulder! Great for the sights, but the people live in an alternate reality similar to the Twilight Zone.

Colorado is incredible! Ive lived everywhere from the islands to the mountains and still manage to find my way back here. Medium paced city with A LOT to do and you cant beat being able to hit the slopes in the morning and make it back to denver for an afternoon Tee time. I could never stay away. Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM  
QFT

Denver, CO
Great place to live. I moved from Florida and don't regret it. The city isn't too terribly busy, although you'll notice the downtown area is pretty small for a big city, with a lot of urban sprawl everywhere. It allows you to either live "downtown", in the burbs, or in the mountains (or a combination of them, depending where you choose).

Gets hot in the summer, but it's 75 degrees in the mountains. Gets cold in the winter, but then you can go skiing.

Overall, it generally feels cooler in the summer than north Florida, and about the same temperature during the winter (although there's snow here). Nobody every believes me on that, but the lack of humidity really makes a difference.

The biggest thing I've noticed is there's no bugs, the weather is pretty decent, there's 300 days of sunshine, and always something to do.

Things you should be ready for:
-lack of humidity. Drink more water, and use eye drops, nasal sprays and moisturizer as needed
-altitude. You'll feel out of shape for awhile.
-political climate. Boulder is super liberal, Denver has a moderately liberal slant, and Colorado Springs is very conservative.
-the sun. It'll bake you out here. Wear sunscreen.
-taxes. There is a state income tax, and registering a vehicle can be expensive if it's worth a lot or pollutes (prepare to shell out $400+ to get a license plate for a large, new truck)
Old 10-15-2010, 01:01 PM  

Parker, CO
QFT - well stated! I agree.
I'd like to add that for us - my wife loves the Winter and hates the Summer - I love the Summer and hate the Winter.
This way we both get to enjoy our favorite seasons of the year (just not at the same time!)
However there are enough things to enjoy all year round.
We have lived in Southern Louisiana and this blows doors on that weather!
Take the plunge!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 PM  

Steamboat Springs, CO
I am from Denver. Right now I live in Steamboat Springs but will be moving back to the front range this spring. I love Denver! It's a great city and the mountains are just close enough! I promise you, you will def love living here!! And thank you for everything you do!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads