Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 PM  

Dallas, PA
Moving date Nov 15th. I was sold on this place even from 1800 miles away.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
dont get pissed when an Illegal crashes into your car, or breaks into your house, you call the cops, and the cop tells you " oh, we know who it was, we know where he lives, and we do know where he works, but he is Illegal, so there isnt much we can do"

Trust me, it happens, it happened to my brother-in-law, at MY house.

I want to move out of this freaking "sanctuary" state that proctects ILLEGAL federal criminals, and hurts the American Veteran, here in Denver, the Illegal immigrant has more rights, and more freedoms, than the American citizen ever will...

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
hah, not very encouraging!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 AM  

Westminster, CO
The area is amazing. You need to try to move somewhere in between Denver and Boulder. It is definitely the place to be, with hikes and downtown Denver about 30 minutes away each way if you lived in Broomfield. There is also an amazing public transportation system which can be a little pricey, but a lot of the major employers out here will provide those, including state jobs. Oh, and besides the red lights, the school lights flash for unreasonably extended periods at times out here (lunch). And there is no "when children are present clause". They are definitely speed traps, as only when children are NOT present do multiple cops wait in driveways to catch speeders.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
hah, not very encouraging!
make sure you have a garage, and you keep your cars in the garage.......

his car was parked out.

another good idea, call your Ins. co. with a few zip codes of where you think you want to move to, they will give you quotes, ours told us, that in Aurora our Ins would almost triple, I asked why, she said because of all the crime, lol
Just a thought
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 AM  

Golden, CO.
Lotsa outdoor stuff to do in Colorado, but if I had it to do over, I'd stay away from Denver and Boulder. Take a look at some of the smaller communities.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 PM  

Dallas, PA
I will be living in Avon for the winter. and working at Vail until i see how i like it.. If i like it i will stay if not back to Pa where we have a little big of everything in smaller doses. lol
Old 10-20-2010, 03:33 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi0523 View Post
Lotsa outdoor stuff to do in Colorado, but if I had it to do over, I'd stay away from Denver and Boulder. Take a look at some of the smaller communities.
Yeah, like I said I'm a big outdoorsy guy, so a place with lots of outdoor activities is definitely a must!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM  

Denver, CO
Denver

It sounds like Denver would be a good fit. It's not a face-paced city compared to NY or SF or LA or something, but face-paced if you compare it to Boulder (or Oahu I suppose). It does get cold, but there are usually about 300 days of sunshine. I used to live in Wyoming, and Denver is balmy in the winter compared to that area. Denver will often have very cold storms with a lot of snow accumulation, but then the sun will come out and the snow will be largely gone in a couple of days.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsearles View Post
Moving date Nov 15th. I was sold on this place even from 1800 miles away.
good luck with the move, take your time time getting here and have a safe trip..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads