Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 PM  

Colorado Rockies
Falcon or Hawk??

This little beauty took down a pigeon the other day and proceeded to eat it on top of my SUV. I have seen him around before but not this personal. I can walk up to about 2 feet from him before he moves but he won't fly away. When I first saw it I thought it was a hawk but now I think it may be a falcon. Didn't scratch the car but it took forever cleaning the blood and guts up. This thing can haul ass. I watched it take out a crow this summer and the damn thing can move out. Can someone help me decide what it is? The pictures are not the best, sorry.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM  

Denver, CO
Looks like a Cooper's Hawk to me. I've seen one in my neighborhood a few times.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
sweet, except for the mess to clean up, I spend most weekends in the mnts. and rarely see any wildlife, looks like I need to stay in the city, lol
Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM  

Littleton/Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I think its a gopher. No but really Im pretty sure its a hawk theres one that lives in the massive tree that grows in the ditch where I bike right out back of my house. The thing is tight

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!