Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2010, 02:00 PM  

wolverine lake, Michigan
what's in Keystone?

I just got a job working at Keystone Mountain but I'm curious whats there? Is it a big/small town? What is there to do (bowling alleys, malls, movie theaters etc.)? I'm 19 but i'll be 20 just a few days after I move out there, so what's to do for teenagers?

Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 AM  

denver, co
I would say there is hiking and sking. It's a pretty small town. You could go nearby to Silverthorn/Frisco and there is a decent amount of stuff, but really driving to Golden or Denver is where your going to find things to do that are not outside activities.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Boy you better start looking for housing, it's not cheap. Alot of young people who work the season couldn't even afford rent on what they made so now a lot of resorts have built dorms for their employees and charge reasonable rent but you have to work for them.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
There's some fantastic offroad trails in the summer, but they'll be closing before much longer. Lots of good skiing in Summit County...
Old 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM  

Silverthorne, CO
Keystone is a small town - no stop lights, a few bars (if you're 20 that won't help a lot), and lots of outdoor activities. In Silverthorne/ Dillon there's decent shopping, movie theater, bowling (expensive), and quite a few resteraunts. Breck has some good night life if you're over 21. The bus system takes a long time to get across the county, but it's free and runs till 1am. Rent is expensive but has gone down considerably over the past two years. If you look in the daily you can probably find a roommate situation for about $500-$750 per month depending on how nice you want. It's a fun place to be... not so much if you're a single dude. Many more men than available women up here. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:47 AM  
QFT

Denver, CO
Nice place if you enjoy outdoor activities. They're right when they say there's too many dudes there though. It's more quiet during the summer, since ski season is the "on" season for that town. There's enough stores around there to keep you occupied but it isn't a large town. It's more attractive if you like skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing... that type of stuff

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

« - | Duck Hunting in CO »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.