Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 PM  

Franktown, CO, Colorado
Where to shoot?

As far as I know, Rampart Range is still closed (although I've been meaning to drive up there and check it out). Where else can somebody go shooting with going to a private/pay range?

Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM  

Denver, CO
You can go to the South Park area over Kenosha Pass. Go into the National Forest (Pike Nat'l, I believe), and pick a safe place to shoot. I was just out there sighting in a rifle/shooting some clays/handguns, etc. Just get far enough from the road and have a good backstop.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:40 PM  
b_c

Denver, Colorado
left hand canyon...n-nw of boulder (roosevelt np)
Old 10-06-2010, 07:44 AM  

Littleton, CO
If you do go up to left hand canyon, PLEASE pick up after yourself and be careful. There are a lot of irresponsible people up there (i am not saying everyone that goes up there is) that leave trash and the place looks like a dump because of it.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:58 PM  

Conifer, Colorado
There is a FS range near Harris Park which is up PC hwy 46 between conifer and Bailey. Go all the way up 46 till you see the fire house on your right. turn right/turn left then follow the signs
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM  

Denver, CO
Dragonman east of Colorado Springs of highway 94 is fun, but a bit of a drive.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:46 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
there is a lot of 4wheel trails by Idaho Springs and around Central City areas that you can check out. we always hear guns going off at Barbour Fork in Idaho Springs and we wend shooting at Pickle Gulch in Central City area.
here is the link to trail damage to find the trails
TrailDamage.com - All Trails
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM  
Paracord nut

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_cavalier View Post
there is a lot of 4wheel trails by Idaho Springs and around Central City areas that you can check out. we always hear guns going off at Barbour Fork in Idaho Springs and we wend shooting at Pickle Gulch in Central City area.
here is the link to trail damage to find the trails
TrailDamage.com - All Trails
Traildamage is agreat site for all type of wheeling info.

Pawnee National Grass lands is a descent place to go shooting. But like mentioned already, pack in, pack out!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM  

Longmont, CO
left hand

left hand canyon is not a great place. It's a place, but not great. The old shooting place was closed last year or two ago. You have to drive or walk a quarter mile into the OHV area to get to the 'current' "shooting range", which is just another word for "national forest". That whole place is hilly.

Unfortunately, the actual forest shooting range up near Allenspark was closed this spring 2010, so stuff near the Boulder area is limited. There is a bit of a spot southwest of the old allenspark range in the forest, but it's not great.

There is a decent amount of forest property up Poudre canyon and North of Crown Point. I have a place I like about 6 miles off CO14 on Crown Point Rd.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
You can shoot in most national forest land. You need to be well off the trail, shooting into a hill, and metal/paper targets only. (and clay pigeons). Call the local rangers to make sure there aren't any local restrictions.

And please try to pick up all your brass!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads