Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM  

Car Insurance Inside City Limits

I am thinking about moving within Detroit City Limits, one thing that a few of my friends who have moved is stating how much the car insurance is. Do any of you have any experience. They are talking about an increase of 3 to 4 fold??? Please tell me this isn't true. Between me and my girlfriend and I we have 3 cars, so a big bump wouldn't be fun...

Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 AM  

Detroit, MI
I can't remember how much my insurance went up when I moved back, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and definitely not 3 or 4 fold. Right now I'm paying $1700 a year for really good full coverage on a nearly new Jeep, and less than half of that (600 or 700?) for PLPD on a 9 year old Oldsmobile. This is in the 48202 zip code. Of course, I'm married, 30 and have a reasonably clean record (with a couple of blemishes) so your mileage may vary. I also have a third car that I don't drive very often, so I just keep comprehensive on it for $60 a year and then throw PLPD on for a day or two if I need to drive it. Only adds a couple bucks that month.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:09 PM  

I am still getting hammered because of my age (23), but the main thing is how much it would increase. Thanks for the information though. Just a slight bump wouldn't be terrible.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 AM  

Your rates will depend on so many factors, but you can compare different car insurance quotes online and try to shop for the most affordable one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Bookmark this Page!