Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2011, 08:35 PM  

Favorite Detroit Neighborhood?

What would be your preferred place to live in Detroit? I know a lot of people like Corktown and Midtown. I love Indian Village, but Palmer Woods and the Boston Edison District look nice too. The main thing is that it seems like Palmer Woods and Boston Edison have taken a little bit more stress than Indian Village.

Have any of you spent considerable time there? What are your favorite places to live?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 PM  

Detroit, MI
I love Mexican Town. The Hispanic population exploded thru the 90s there and they did everything to fix up a crappy part of town. It rocks!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 PM  

Detroit, MI
As far as beautiful homes, I like Boston-Edison too.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 AM  

Detroit, MI
Those are all great neighborhoods, but don't overlook Green Acres, University District and Rosedale Park. They are stable, strong neighborhoods with more "normal" sized houses than the mansion districts. I wouldn't say that Palmer Woods has been hit worse than Indian Village, but Boston Edison sort of has. It's still in better shape than my neighborhood, I live a few blocks north of it. Agree on Mexican Town as well.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM  

I tend to stay in the CBD of Detroit, being a suburban resident! But, that being said, I enjoy all aspects of Detroit, and I'm really sad at the state of affairs its in! (Corktown was where my Parents and Grandparents grew up, so I'm pretty familiar with the area, as well as having partied there many a day and visiting many of the great restaurants there) I don't really want to go off on a serious rant here, but goddamnit! lets build up Detroit!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Detroit
Bookmark this Page!