Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM  

Erie, Pennsylvania
Best beer bars in DC

What are some of your favorite high end beer/wine bars in DC, Maryland, Virginia area? please include details about atmosphere, draft and bottle lists, special events, ect.

I'll go ahead and nominate my favorite and obvious choice, Birch and Barley Restaurant and Churchkey bar on the second floor. 50 casks, 5 hand pumps. Fantastic variety, a bit pricey, and a little crowded on some nights. The quality of women present means you don't mind pushing through the crowds.

Check out a sample draft list:
ChurchKey DC : Welcome : Washington D.C.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM  

Washington DC, DC
I'd second ChurchKey and Birch and Barley. Great, great, great establishments. Got to chat with Greg Englert for a minute on Saturday when he brought over a Stillwater Saison on cask, very cool.

In DC proper, I'd add Meridian Pint, Pizzeria Paradiso, Black Squirrel, Big Hunt, and RFD in descending order (if high end is the qualifier).

Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM  

Rockville, Maryland
beer bar

I have a beer bar, but its really not in the dc district but it is along the red line in the north bethesda area. It isnt what you would call a high end beer bar, but none the less a beer bar. more of a dive bar than anything. this place has been around since like 1916 or so. Hank Dietle's is the place. beer only and cash only. they do have an atm machine, and a few bags of chips and snacks, but if you want more you can have food delivered or you can bring in your own food from somewhere else. they have a pool table and a golden t video game. during there happ hour you can get a large pitcher of yuengling for like 6 doll hairs. or not on happy hour like 8. another good thing is they open up like at 9 am so if you work a crazy schedule and dont get off work sometimes till the morning time you can swing by for a beer before you go to sleep. on thursdays and saturdays you can find live music. i have family stretched all over the country and whenever anyone comes to town and wants to see dc hank dietles is always a stop. it is a classic old bar. another bar i had seen mentioned was rfd. that is a really good beer bar. also if you go into old town alexandria there is a bar there called Bilbo Baggins that has a nice collection of quality craft beers, which also has good food as well.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
Brickskeller is amazing. just beware that with the mass quantity of beer, its awefully hard to keep up with a printed version. sit in front of a cooler and pick something. the tenders seem to know what to suggest if you give them an example of something you like.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 PM  

MD
Agree Brickskellar is great however I just saw an article stating that it was sold and about to reopen. It is going to be called the Bier Baron.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 PM  

MD
You have a great bar down there in Fort Worth, I enjoy the Flying Saucer.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM  

Washington, DC
I like the Pizzeria Paradiso locations.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 PM  

Washington, DC
Had a great birthday at Churchkey and sampled the DFH Bitch's Brew earlier in the year.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 PM  
TSR

Washington, DC
Like Pizza Paradiso (like it even more because I have a friend who works the downstairs bar in Georgetown), Meridian Pint, Galaxy Hut in Clarendon, Churchkey is always on the list just because of sheer size.

Basically anywhere I can get a good stout. Sometimes that even includes Iron Horse.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM  
TSR

Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbbc View Post
Brickskeller is amazing. just beware that with the mass quantity of beer, its awefully hard to keep up with a printed version. sit in front of a cooler and pick something. the tenders seem to know what to suggest if you give them an example of something you like.
I actually went on their last "open night" I am curious to see what the new owners are going to do with it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.