Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2010, 05:55 PM  

Northen, Maine
Passing through what to do

Passing through and was thinking of stopping for a day and night. Got two little kids any places recomended as a must see for a day trip for my young family?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
The kids and you will love the Air and Space, Natural History, National History, go up in the washington monument. Go vist the the Viet Nam Memorial, WWII memorial, Lincon memorial. there is so much to do it is hard to pack it in to one day. I can spend 1 day just in a single musem. Then find a Five Guys and get burgers and fries that are to DIE for.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
moved about an hour and a half out years ago, but still take the kids in for the National Zoo
Old 10-02-2010, 06:12 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
oh and a definite "do it" on hitting up a Five Guys
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 PM  

Frederick, Md
Day trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdswgn View Post
Passing through and was thinking of stopping for a day and night. Got two little kids any places recomended as a must see for a day trip for my young family?
See the National Mall and the Smithsonian Museums!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 AM  

Washington DC, Virginia
With the kids the 2 I would recommend most are the American History and The Air and Space museums. The Air and Space is great for anyone interested in aviation (obviously) and has interesting things like The "Spirit of ST. Luis" and the Wright Brothers, but I have found that some people are not as interested in that stuff. The American History has something for everyone! The only issue is as "mrmurdoc34" said, it is hard to squeeze things into one day. I would suggest checking the times some close before others so you can plan them out in an order and see the monuments before or after they close.

Don't worry about crime, everyone scares people with that but as long as you're on the mall and people are around there isn't much to worry about. Just be aware you are in a city.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM  

Washington DC, Maryland
Little kids may be more interested in the dinosaurs so the natural history museum might be the best place.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM  

Highland, Maryland
If they are REALLY little (young) and would be more entertained by a park than a museum, then the National Mall would be good - the monuments can be entertaining for you while they can just play until their hearts are content.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:15 PM  

Washington DC, DC
Natural history and air and space are great for kids as they have a lot of interactive exhibits. Air and space is starting to get a bit dated though.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 AM  

Washington, DC
Ditto Air & Space and Natural History (dinosaurs!). I just want to add that in the bottom level of the American History museum is the "Spark Lab" - a cool hands-on science area for kids. Plenty of educational toys and a long bar for the kids to sit at and participate in science experiments led by volunteers.

For toddlers to 5yo, I recommend the National Zoo (for obvious reasons) and the National Building Museum - which has a great play room Building Zone

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!