Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 AM  
tam

Winchester, VA
waco teacher

by the way, we are from Groesbeck, have fun.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 PM  

Washington, DC
One cool place that I don't think people know about/ take advantage of is the National Arboretum. That would depend on the timing of your visit though.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 AM  

Georgia
The big secret about D.C.--Baltimore is a lot more fun. You can drive to Baltimore watch an Orioles game, eat crabcakes in the ballpark, go to the nearby inner harbor, take a harbor cruise, get a water taxi pass, and get to most everything worthwhile. They've got an aquarium. They've got ships to tour. They've got bars and clubs with character. They've got historic fortresses. Just pay your money and park someplace decent and safe because you don't EVER want to get lost in downtown Baltimore. Hence, the water taxis.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:03 PM  

Washington, DC, District of Columbia
Take a day trip to a Civil War site--Harper's Ferry, Antietam, the Shenandoah Valley. There is great hiking close by.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM  

TX
Ive got one free day in DC coming up in the beginning of January...whats good to hit? I've been to the mall, so looking for something different.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM  

West Palm Beach, Florida
Different is the Trapeze school down by the river. I went and it was quite the experience:
TSNY Washington DC - Welcome
Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 PM  

Tampa, FL
If you're wanting to see a lot of the major sites in DC in a short amount of time, I'd recommend one of the open-top tour buses... We lived in DC for couple years and did the bus tour a few times with family/friends that were visiting and only had a short time to fit in as much as possible.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 PM  

Waco, Texas
See everything you can it's free
Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 PM  

Washington, DC
Figure out which museums interest you, choose what you really want to see as you can't see them all, American History, Natural History, Air and Space are my favorites. Do the mall and all the monuments of course, if you like agood nightlife, you can always go out in Dupont, Chinatown, adams morgan...

If you want a tour of the Capital get it through your reps, Senators are better than Congressman, the public tours are lame.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM  

Washington, DC
The Spy Museum is pretty cool, but it pricey.

I definitely agree that the National Mall is AWESOME, but if you're coming with kids it all depends on their interests/ages. I always loved all that stuff when I was a kid, but I've seen a ton of kids bored outta their minds during trips with schools and family.

Old Town Alexandria is really cool. There's plenty of shopping and good restaurants.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.