Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM  

Jacksonville, Nc
Visiting

Depending on the time of year, there is tons to do and see.

Around may thru sept, the marine barrAcks 8th and I Friday evening parade is a sight to see. They alsomdoman evening sunset parade on tues, I think, at the iwo jima marine monument, near Arlington cemetery.

Any time, the smithsonian is great and can be tailored to your interest.

Ride the metro to get around.

Enjoy.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Are you going to have a rental car? If so Drive down to Manassas and see the battle field also from there you can hop on down to fredericksburg and see that battle field as well. Downtown fredericksburg is a cool place to spend a day. Lots of shops and lots of history down there as well.

Air and space, natural History, American History, American Indian, Washington, WWII, Viet Nam, Lincoln, Jefferson, and all the others. Go take a tour of the white house. Lived here 8 years make a trip up there a few times a year and still haven't seen it all.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM  
TSR

Washington, DC
What kind of stuff are you looking for? There are always the monuments, Eastern Market is awesome but since it is cold you will only get the indoor stuff (food), but even that is awesome. There is National Harbor in Virgina (just outside of DC) that has the awakening, super cool to see. My favorite spots are the botanical garden... GORGEOUS... and the Einstein Statue!

Whatever you do, don't go to yelp.com and ask about things to see/do, but definitely search since the question has been asked a million times over.

It is easier to narrow down if I knew what kind of experience you were looking for.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM  

DC, DC
Mount Vernon is our family's favorite spot in the area. We also enjoy getting out to Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry, etc. Hit the mall, of course if you've never been here. choose one or two museums, but kids don't hold up well past one or two...

Get with your state congressional office to get tickets for the Capitol and the White House.

You can stop and see the capitol on your own, but it goes faster/smoother with tickets and a guide..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads