Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 PM  

Minnesota
Craft beer?

Hey all,

I am looking for some good sources for craft beer in the Twin Ports. I am familiar with Last Chance and Cashwise in Duluth. Both have great selection. Cashwise gets a thumbs up from because they offer a ton of singles! I hate sinking ten to twelve bucks into a sixer of something I haven't tried before. There has to be some great places in Superior, where are they?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM  

Bemidji, MN
I have been to Duluth many times. I have not bought at a single liquor store in town, but I know of at least 1 place in town that has has their own brews on tap. When I go there to explore the city, I always do lunch at Fitgers Brewery, north side of town, about 1/4-mile north of St. Mary's hospital, I believe.....it turns into London Road as it exits the city limits, I think, next to Pickwick. They always have a list of their own brews on tap, and I have always been pleased. Nothing like tipping a couple pints in support of one of the local breweries then going store hopping with a little shine on the face. Not sure if they sell their brew in bottles or growlers or not.

Dry Hoppin' Mad,
Bemidji, MN

Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM  

Duluth, MN
beeeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinger29 View Post
There has to be some great places in Superior, where are they?
The Keyport, just over the bong bridge, used to bemy default bottleshop for beer in superior. I usually shop at cashwise now except when i'm dying for a New Glarus, which they do a good job of stocking at the keyport.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 AM  

Have ya tried Lake Aire?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM  

The Brewhouse has fantastic beer... mmmmmmm.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 AM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Fitger's was mentioned a couple of times but I'm never very impressed with them unless it's their oatmeal stout. If you're willing to go to Superior there's a brewpub called The Thirsty Pagan. They have fantastic beers and pizza. However, try to get seated in the bar area. The dining area is terrible IMHO.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
Bookmark this Page!