Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 AM  

Raeford, North Carolina
Get your Carolina beach permit before March 31st (edited wrong date sorry) and save $40 it's $60 right now but goes up to $100 after the first. Yes you can camp right on the beach you can't stay over 14 consecutive days without permission. But get your permit and pretty much stay all you want.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM  

is it like that every year or are they just going up? You can also get a daily pass for $10 or so right?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM  

Raeford, North Carolina
It went up last year. And the day pass is $20 or it was last year I don't think that got raised. The hundred dollar thing was new last year just buy early and your good. Fires require a fire ring I forgot to mention that. Fires were illegal for a year or two so use the ring and take your mess with you so they don't have an excuse to take it away again
Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM  

Raeford, North Carolina
I made a mistake earlier you have until March 31 not March 1st to get your permit for $60 then it shoots up to $100 for the season. It still will cost you $20 a day without a permit so spend one weekend there and it pays for itself. But if you stay one weekend your probably going to go back so the permit is worth it. Lots of people show up there from all backgrounds. Family's show up to camp, the younger ones show up to drink and party I've never had an issue with them, tones of people fishing and so on. What ever your plans are you will fit in have fun.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM  

ok, the last time we went it was free. We had an explorer and the guy in front of us stopped to lock in his hubs and we were done. I was a newbie and hadn't aired down, running 235/15's etc. It also looked like the dunes had pretty much washed over to the sound side. When I had been there before the sound side was hard packed and the beach side was hard, just the crossings were tricky. I haven't been back since likely 98. Next time we'll go with a partner to make sure someone can pull us out if we get stuck. Now I have wider tires and will air down :-)
Old 02-28-2011, 05:49 AM  

Raeford, North Carolina
I don't remember it being free I know sometimes the entrance is not attended but your suppose to pay. The beach has been real thick lately no compacted sand except at the water. But you should be good just air down to at least 22PSI and carry a shovel and no worries if you do get stuck don't dig your self in with a bunch of tire spin. Just get out and dig a little you'll be good
Old 02-28-2011, 08:11 AM  

Sal, we went down by Fort Fisher when we went back in the late 90's, are you talking about the north end? Never been there.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:38 PM  

Raeford, North Carolina
No talking about Carolina beach AKA Freeman park. Yes it's north of fort fisher
Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 AM  

ok, the last time we went was on the south end past fort fisher, never been on the north end.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 AM  

Raeford, North Carolina
I think the north end is considered more of the party side. But I think thats just because you can drink on the beach. Fort fisher I believe is federal property which means no alcohol but you would have to look that up I'm going of memory here nit the best thing to do LOL.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads