Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 02:16 PM  

I love Wilmington, but jobs are impossible to find (even pre-recession).

Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM  

Jacksonville, NC
My wife and I are from Jacksonville and love weekend trips to wilmington. Props to your city.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM  

Chesterton, IN
I only got to live in Wilmington for 11 months, but outside of living in Germany, it was my favorite place to live. Beach and sweet downtown river walk. I lived on Borden near downtown.

I only went to the Brew Pub a few times. The beers were good, but I bet they're better now.

I enjoyed Port City Java. I used to order the Hurricane Alley for myself and friends at Christmas. Sad to see that gone.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM  

Downtown could use a few places that are more chill on the weekends. Nothing against the 20 somethings but I've nothing to prove anymore and it seems dominated by them at night. Just need a mellow place with comfy chairs and liquor.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:57 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownfieldguy View Post
Downtown could use a few places that are more chill on the weekends. Nothing against the 20 somethings but I've nothing to prove anymore and it seems dominated by them at night. Just need a mellow place with comfy chairs and liquor.
I will agree that me and the rest of the younger crowd tend to takeover on the weekends, but I really prefer a chill atmosphere at times. A couple places would recommend to you would be two smaller pubs Lula's, Slainte, and The Cellar(has comfy chairs & liquor). Those spots may be more to your liking if you haven't checked them out yet.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:55 PM  

Southport, NC
I live in Southport but i love Wilmington
Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 AM  

wilmington, nc
Yep...wilmington is a great place to be a surfer...lots of good beaches and breaks within an hour or less drive. But I have had fun surfing in NMB a few times (longboard of course)
Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 AM  

Raleigh, NC
wilmington is great

when i used to ride motorcycles i would always ride down to wilmington from goldsboro, NC.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:57 AM  

Hayesville, NC
I love Wilmington and can't wait to get back for vacation this year. Anyone know of any good campgrounds in the area? Plenty of very affordable places to stay there, but I'd like to camp out somewhere near the water.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM  

I have lived near Wilmington most of my life. I went to UNCW but had to move up near Raleigh for an IT job soon after college. We moved back 5-6 years ago.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Eastern North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!