Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > El Paso
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM  

El Paso, TX
Frankfurtvr4 - Red Sands is on the East Side, Santa Teresa is on the West.

There are also a number of "features" out in the desert if you're up for a bit of a longer trip. I've put links to some threads in the Jeep Forum.

Southern New Mexico Trip: Kilborne Hole - JeepForum.com

Southern New Mexico Trip: Aden Crater - JeepForum.com

Southern New Mexico Trip: Percha Box - JeepForum.com

Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 AM  

El Paso, TX
Salvage Yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Wing View Post
Are there any good salvage yards for parts in El Paso?
I don't know how "good" they are but there are a ton of salvage and scrap yards out on Montana past the Loop.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 PM  
Gus

El Paso, Texas
there is alot of places to go out east. there is the SAC socorro athletic complex, right off the loop and bob hope, and san felipe park. head east on I-10 and get off on fabens exit and take a left, go down about 3 miles and u will see the dunes. there are also sand drags in clint during the summer. clint have some nice sand

nefiwashere are you in the military? if so military jeepers has a ft. bliss based forum and there are alot of cool guys that wheel all over

West Texas/Southern New Mexico here ya go
Old 01-26-2011, 09:49 PM  

El Paso, TX
Salvage

There are a couple of salvage yard but it really depends what you are looking for ... There is a place in chaparral NM which is really close .... Little 4x4 on McCombs street ... Kinda high but Roger out there really knows his Jeeps ... Probably the best in town!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM  

El Paso, TX
Places to ride

I like to hit the aroyos and the Trails up into the mountains .... Gotta be careful and make sure that it is not military land .... Also Old School 4x4 really know the trails .... Hook up with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptae View Post

There are also a number of "features" out in the desert if you're up for a bit of a longer trip. I've put links to some threads in the Jeep Forum.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 PM  

El Paso, TX
Jeepers

I am looking for a group of jeepers in El Paso to just hang out with and network ... I am building my first jeep and could really use some advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefiwashere View Post
Wats going on el paso looking for fellow jeep people to hit the trails/dunes with.
or any 4x4

i have an 01 Wranlger with a 4" lift 4.10 gear front and back with 33s
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 PM  

El Paso, TX
Awesome

Awesome Pics .... I am going to have to go check these places out as soon as I get my $X$ fixed ... I tore out the Vacume Lines on my last trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptae View Post

Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 AM  

El Paso, texas
little 4x4 way over charges you!! like he really does!!! dont go to little 4x4.. the guy wanted to charge 5 grand for s.o.a and that i put all the material as well.. so yeah.. dont go there.. for half the price of that i can go linked.. too bad i had to waste my money on a stupid neon
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM  

El Paso, TX
Anyone know w respectable place to get a T-5 worked on? I need to get 5th gear working right again.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 PM  

I lived in el paso for 8 years and there are tons of places to go offroading at. Red sands is a really fun place to go ride. There are alot of people out there on quads so watch out. And killborne is an awesome place with lots of trails and places to ride, just go with a group. Found one guy out there who was stuck for a whole day till we got there to pull him out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > El Paso
Bookmark this Page!