Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 PM  

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
As I have taken part in the effort to help keep the beach clean in our area, I can tell you the sandy part of the beach is great. Sure a few tarballs hit every now and then, but its really not a big deal. I spent all summer in the water with no ill effects. I will say, however, the oil did not just simply dissappear. It is out there under the surface, mostly on the bottom due to the chemicals put on it. I hope the sealife is resiliant enough to withstand what is out there.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 PM  

port charlotte, florida
now quit lieing the beaches are just drippin with oil and we have red tide on all the bchs its super bad so all you yankees stay home and dont come down that way we can clean up the mess so you all can come down in a yr or 2 and make is all messy again, this way you all wont be here clogging up our roads and we can actually go out for dinner at a rest and get a seat

Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM  

Fort myers, florida
I am in the Fort Myers area but am originally from Pensacola Beach. I went up there in June the week before the oil showed up for its breif visit and it was wonderful. Water was as it has always been, clear blue and warm. The sand was sparkly white and soft as powder Saw a group of stingrays and just stayed all day. It is so worth a visit if you have the chance
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 AM  

Pensacola, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelnative View Post
now quit lieing the beaches are just drippin with oil and we have red tide on all the bchs its super bad so all you yankees stay home and dont come down that way we can clean up the mess so you all can come down in a yr or 2 and make is all messy again, this way you all wont be here clogging up our roads and we can actually go out for dinner at a rest and get a seat
wow... thats a great post. Most of Florida's economy relies on the "Yankees". For proof, you can see how many locals were hurt by the oil spill.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:46 PM  

were you able to see the oil in the time when it was at worse and how much was there?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 AM  

Somerset, Kentucky
I was in PCB in July and the beaches there were clean except for the seaweed that is always there.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:34 AM  

Pensacola, Florida
I live in Pensacola and we did a sheets of oil come up on the beaches. It was only a couple of times, but it was bad. I never saw it personally but saw pictures.

The first 10 or 15 feet of the beach closest to the water looked like it had been paved with road asphalt.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM  

havent been to the beach in 3 months, i didnt see any then
Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 PM  

Pensacola, Florida
Just wanted to add an update...

Beaches are all better. No oil anymore. Come visit Pensacola Beach. It is perfect.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads