Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 AM  

Chesterton, IN
Pensacola - Things to do

I recommend Sluggos on Jefferson Street. Decent selection of beers and vegan food.

Hopjacks has a large variety of craft beers.

McGuire's Irish Pub makes decent beer. They also have a great variety of food that is well-prepared.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 PM  

East of Pensacola, Florida
... and you dont leave McGuires hungry....

Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 AM  

Panama City Beach, Florida
Pensacola Bay Brewery just opened. Good beer, and you are supporting a local brewery!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:33 AM  

Pensacola, Florida
There is a newer place called the leisure Club on Palafox that was a nice place to go have an appetizer and a drink.

Other things to do besides drinking: the beach, the blue angels, Navel Museum, fishing from the Pensacola Beach Pier or the fishing pier along side of the 3 mile bridge...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twichers View Post
... and you dont leave McGuires hungry....
or sober
Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 AM  

Pensacola, FL
Sadly most forms of entertainment in Pensacola center around drinking, which is fine but clubs and bars all the time get old fast, IMO.

There is a small handful of theaters if you want to catch a play, the Sanger being the largest and The Loblolly Theatre probably being the smallest.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:33 AM  
Traveler

there are many better places on the Gulf. i would just skip Pensacola.

Rosemary Beach is better--more my style at least.

the military---i don't want to go to the beach and be surrounded by 'Them'.

perhaps a few good men--but not enough for me and not my kind of people at all. machines --how they love them. everyone adores the Blue Angels.

yippeeyay--I saw Top Gun--in fact have seen it many times--too many--one of comcast's favorite movies--sigh--Tom Cruise--Katie can have him--i wouldn't touch him.

i prefer a different type of man and life---they think they are really something in that Margaritaville--absolutely in love with their precious selves.

one woman came out and said it---'It sucks to be poor'--Money, power--playing in the ocean---that is what they cherish--because they are so very special--they deserve to live royally---

i don't agree--and living well, really living well doesn't take that much money.

the people in the projects in Savannah, GA with nothing did manage to somehow live good lives---never had anything and many of them were much better people than the Royalty of Pensacola.

go figure. but, then i chose a really dangerous job--teaching. not for the 'fragile' i can assure you. i didn't get cut --still alive. lick my wounds sometimes. would never consider teaching again.

but hey--for a Holly Golightly--all alone in Savannah--i did pretty well. saw the Moon River and lived on Johnny Mercer Blvd. Breakfast at Tiffany's--lol--i went to Tybee--The Breakfast Club---it was wonderful--walked that beach with my dog and had the Atlantic Ocean--not as pretty and clean and pure as the Gulf--suits me.

I would live on Tybee Island any day---just don't care for Pensacola---too wonderful for me I guess.

Robert Louis Stevenson---Better to collect shells on the beach than be a millionaire. I believe that. lol--strange sort of person---far too complex for most to understand. not wanting/needing The BEST --that would be the Methodist church. to them The Best--is serving others. i think they are right.

go John Wesley. he had a good idea---we don't need more--we really need less. astute political conservative--nah-he just understood Simplicity---that is what God is--simple. people worry too much about Him. drive themselves insane.

go to tybee island--skip pensacola.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 PM  

Pensacola, FL
@addymiller I think we can agree we would favor you skipping Pensacola. I don't think I would like to visit wherever you are from, there are probably more people like you.

Having served in the USMC many years ago, I guess I'm one of "Them" people too.

For someone who chose a career teaching, it seems you need to revisit your grammar lessons and rediscover what capitalization and punctuation is all about.

Take your illegible rambling and keep your ignorance to yourself; troll elsewhere.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
@addymiller I think we can agree we would favor you skipping Pensacola. I don't think I would like to visit wherever you are from, there are probably more people like you.

Having served in the USMC many years ago, I guess I'm one of "Them" people too.

For someone who chose a career teaching, it seems you need to revisit your grammar lessons and rediscover what capitalization and punctuation is all about.

Take your illegible rambling and keep your ignorance to yourself; troll elsewhere.
sorry--i was in a bad mood. it is mainly one person---silly little story--he is a good man--Army--for whatever reasons we cannot get on the same page. we went to high school together--sigh--rappelling/he loved that--gymnast in high school. it is sort of a Jerry Maguire story--iykiwim.

sigh-we went to different colleges met at the freshman homecoming game. he had dated another majorette--i think he really loved her--something went wrong. so he asked me to go to the dance and we did.

we dated on holidays. i guess he had his career goals as a first priority--and didn't notice that i adored him. met some one at the military college--looked like the high school girl friend.

if he had just told me that--i could have cried on my pillow and wished him well. finished and done.

but he did not do that. just seemed annoyed at me after he took me to some military fraternity sort of party. a shy girl had never seen anything like that.
never heard from him again.

so a frenemy took pleasure in informing me that someone who attended the military college knew that he had a girlfriend.
then her picture appeared on the back on my roommate's engagement announcement. married at his church---less than a mile from my house.

i did what i could to forget all that---then the frenemy was transferred to my school--considered 'God's Gift to Teaching' by the principal--um--my opinion of her was different. went to elementary school and church with her--she was a manipulator--knew how to impress people.

so he turns up again at that same time--passing through Atlanta---how he found my work number i'll never know--the wife was employed by the same system--also something of a manipulator--she had written me a letter--'He is Mine' and 'You R no Lady'---i think she confiscated many of my letters--i kept asking him what was going on--no response. strange--very strange.

so he found me on a high school reunion site--retired from the Army--went all over the world doing whatever he did--some sort of a geek--i can only speculate in was national security--he said he worked in embassies

do you know what sort of job he might have been doing. i am familiar with 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'---had a good Marine for a principal. Semper Fi--Semper Fi---i loved that man deeply. sigh---he really cared about kids and supported teachers---hard, hard JOB. but you know how you are---dedicated to the goals, etc.

we met, tried to talk---a lot had happened in my life--brother had just died of cancer, mother grieving in the deepest way and lots more

i kept trying to find common ground---

when i tried to talk to him about the past--'I Have No Regrets'date of his commission in the Army.

not quite good enough--if he had just said--'I know more now, never realized things then that i do now.' i would have been satisfied.

instead, again he made me feel like I am nothing to him.

now divorced from wife after over 20-30 years--i can only imagine how that occurred---takes anyone a while to recover.

he just won't stop saying stupid things--he knows better--believe me he does.

his mother would be rolling in her grave to hear the ridiculous things he is saying---has he lost his mind???

he has a new career and now seems to be enjoying life to the fullest--he knows how i love the beach and keeps telling about all the fun he is having, big parties--gambling in Biloxi--his boat, the Blue Angels--Margaritaville.

wife ----i think she got a lot of his money--that can happen. he won't say of course.

I prefer a quieter style of life--happy enough with Tybee Island and St. Simons'---long to be at the beach--lived in Savannah and it was calmer than Atlanta--

bad traffic here, all kinds of insane crime, insanity over politics---intense--very intense. my 90 year old mother isn't doing well and neither am I---he never asks how i am--just tells me about the happy life in Margaritaville.

other than that---i probably would like Pensacola. loved Fort Walton--good enough for me---lol--my teacher friend and I would scrape up enough $ to go for a few days each year before school started. usually had barely enough money to pay for gas home.
it hurts to be told how wonderful his life is---he had the perfect wife, 2 wonderful children, traveled the world and now is making millions.

just not classy, by my standards. he seems to be having a second adolescence from the way he talks. i object to being 'led' by that sort of person.

i can tell you my Marine principal knew better than that. don't think he ever made the money he deserved for what he did--retired to a farm in North GA--and is enjoying life--really enjoying life--helping others and he would always do that--such men---I honor them. I do not honor a 'childlike' man.

i asked him--do you really not know that you should apologize when you have hurt someone's feelings. he does it professionally i am certain--wouldn't make the millions if he treated clients like he treats me.

i was wrong to say what i said. but a person can only take so much. he sent me many real estate cards---announcing his new career--i never responded--married man---i saw no reason to respond. he kept asking me why i didn't---'I tried to find you'--I asked him why he would do that, really.
we were never 'friends'---dated--and he dumped me in a callous way.

online i had a nasty encounter in Hannity's forum with a woman from Pensacola--'Ms Republican Princess'--cough. not fond of that sort of woman.

sigh--i live in the NE area---near Emory--we are just different--more serious, concerned with social issues---live a simpler style of life. boasting about money and thinking of yourself as Royalty---more special than others won't cut it here. it just isn't done. people would speak to you if you did and said things that inferred you thought too well of yourself.

probably you are a different type of person--encouraging to think that there are less 'special' people in Pensacola.

i taught --At Risk inner city kids--i just can't hear that kind of talk--look at all my money, look at my boat, Life is a Beach--we play in the ocean and we deserve to live better than others. No. No. No.
that won't cut it with me.

sigh--wish i was at a beach--i love Tybee/Savannah--my father grew up there in Bethesda Boy's Home--he worked hard, nearly killed himself---never made much money. loved me --really loved me--Braveheart. he would have killed this guy and gladly gone to prison if he had known how he treated me.

whatcha think??

he has issues of some kind? i don't know what to think? embarassed for him--he doesn't seem to realize that he is being a child. Masters in Counseling--attended the command school in DC--and this is how he acts?
I don't think the Army would be too pleased--or maybe they would.

Marines seem to be different--'Once a Marine, always a Marine'. That is a good thing.

Fort Walton is nice enough for me--Port St. Joe---my friends from college live in ?Gulfshores, AL--true southerners---they don't act like that--would be embarassed by that sort of person. not 'Big Partiers'--quiet people.

parties are fine--Boomers should have done enough partying --wild partying --by age 60. i know i did.

i enjoy my dog, garden, writing and doing some community work---the wildest party i would attend is dinner with friends or a good concert or play---that is just how i am. i have a different agenda.

love seafood, love lighthouses, calm and peace of the beach---just give me the brown sand of the Atlantic coast--i don't need the sparkling white sand--
Robert Louis Stevenson--'It is better to collect seashells than to be a millionaire'

that is true for me--sand in my shoes--i go back to the beach whenever i can--my heart is there.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 AM  
Traveler

voted for Bush 2x--he was right about Iraq.

911---my birthday. i will never, ever forget.

that is the sort of person i am and i profoundly believe social change is needed. will never change that idea---lived near Emory University all my life.

we may be 'trash' to those in Pensacola--but others have some regard for Emory. shrug.
'Never Assume Anything'--i think Aesop said that--somebody did and he/she was correct.

Mark Twain--a cynic--but spoke the truth-grew up on the River--i know and love him well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Emerald Coast
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads