Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2011, 12:56 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
*sigh*

I am going to start this by saying WTF!

People want you to abide by the law and be a good citizen but no one will help
with a means to do so. I have been jobless since I was laid off almost a year ago.
It isn't that I haven't been looing and trying, it is that no one will cut me a brake.

I know some of it is my fault. I have a sorted past but I have been good for 5 years
now and still people tell me I am not for their company. WTF?

Yeah I used to be bad, I stole cars, robbed cars, and got caught. But since my
jail time I have been straight. 5 years, 5 freakin years I have been good.

Even the stick-up-the-butt courts here saw how hard I tried after I got out
jail and downgraded all of my charges.

I went to college, joined the Army, graduated from college and cleaned my life
up. The court saw it so why can't anyone else!

Again people want productive citizens who work and contribute. I want a job
and need a job but no one will even give me an interview.

You know what this does? I will tell you it sends my moral into the sewers and
makes me want to go back to an old life because at least I made money.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Chris keep in mind that the economy is still bad. I also have freinds who were never in trouble, are journeymen in their high paying trades, and have been out of work for over 3 years. One friend actually re-joined the Army and went back to Afganastan to get a pay check to support his family and keep his house. Another friend, after about a year waiting for it, got a job with Home Depot. No where near as much money as these men used to make but they are doing whatever possible and whatever it takes legally to keep what little they already havn't lost togeather. Other friends have taken to the road to follow the money in their trades and for the last 5 years rarely have seen their homes or family, but they are still making good money, sending it home, and keeping their families fed.

Also depends on the area your in. For example I live in Sacramento but most all my work comes out of Los Angles. I have 7 men down there now working. I also have 2 men working in the Crescent city area. No work for what I do to speak of here in Sacramento and surrounding areas. Don't know if I'll even have steady work for the guys when these contract maintaince slots are done. I just passed the contractors liscensing test in Nevada and am now liscensed in two states. Will I get much work out of Nevada? Probably not as much as I think, but I'm going to try.

So I think it may help for you if you havn't already explored these options to possibly (1) relolcate for work even if it means another state clear across the country, (2) go on the road to work if it's possible in your profession, or (3) get a job out of your profession to hold you over until better times return.

Thats all I can think of for now and hope things will work out for you well in the near future.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
So I think it may help for you if you havn't already explored these options to possibly (1) relolcate for work even if it means another state clear across the country, (2) go on the road to work if it's possible in your profession, or (3) get a job out of your profession to hold you over until better times return.

Thats all I can think of for now and hope things will work out for you well in the near future.
I want to leave here but the financial situation doesn't allow it.

Nope my profession doesn't really allow work on the road.

I have tried changing profession with no luck still.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM  
fustrated genius

Calm down, the entire economy is bad and in the dumps and everybody's moral is in the toilets. Don't go back to your old ways, dude, it ain't the right direction you want to go at all. You owe it to yourself after all that to stay clean. P on Tucson, it's too small and employment there is at record lows. If you're not on probation, then tramp out. Start your life over and stay the f CLEAN. Another bust will set you right back before all of it.

I was laid off in a recession of 1980, I found myself without income, luckily I sold my home, but I had three kids and a wife to feed. I FINALLY got desparate enough to work at McDonalds, no BS, but when I got there to apply, the line went out the door, to the sidewalk, down the STREET and around the corner. Unemployment was cut off, as well as trade readjustment allowance (TRA from gov) and the union sub pay too. I had 0 income/ NO college, 5 mouths to feed (including my own) no skills, trade, experiance ZIP. I finally found a gov assistance program that paid minimum wages for vocational OJT to companies in another area. . . .loaded up the truck, mama & the brats. Minimum wage with 3 kids . . stay'd legal, never stole anything. DIG! when you're in a fight, and the guy's beating you, you don't stop you DIG and fight like a MOFO. Keep it legal!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Austin, TX is one of the best cities in the country to live in if you're looking for a job. Texas has the highest number of jobs right now. We have no State tax (big plus) either.

projected 2012 Austin Forecasters Predict Job Growth | KUT News

2011 Austin, Texas Leads the Nation in Job Growth - CBS News

2009 Austin ranks No. 1 for job growth potential - Austin Business Journal

The writing is on the wall.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:51 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I was thinking of going more north but now I am just thinking I should go where the work is.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I was thinking of going more north but now I am just thinking I should go where the work is.
Correct answer. Then, once you've saved up enough and you're comfortable, you can move any where you like. Moving north would be catastrophic as they are hurting the worst.

I'd like to go to Maine, but they are the state who consumes the most welfare. Yikes!

If I go anywhere, I'm heading to Colorado. <3
Old 08-12-2011, 02:18 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I was thinking California right on the Oregon border or Oregon itself.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:25 PM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I was thinking California right on the Oregon border or Oregon itself.
California? Really? Yikes. I suggest doing some research on the economy there...
Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 PM  
What page are you on?

Theyre the state that is most in debt, btw.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads