Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM  

waipahu, hawaii
jobless

its not that i cant find jobs,i just dont have any papers!
heres the story. been in foster care all my child hood.worked all the way up till i was done with high school,foster parent took all my money.i hated it, had a fight one day , cops came. its legall for parents to take "kids" money as long as they are under 18.foster mom had me drop outta school 2 weeks before graduation to get my GED so i could ship out to boot camp sooner. ended up shipping out to boot camp 3 months after my graduation day. real nice got a GED for nothing, i coulda stayed in school and graduated like every one else.foster mom took all my money, i couldnt save any money.at 18 it was be homeless or join the army.

that didnt work, lasted about 2 years, got kicked out. dishonorable discharge.

i dont have my birth cerficate,GED , all i got is my SSN card and drivers liscense.called my high school, they wont fax me a copy .they told me i have to come in and get it in person.well thats in florida, im in hawaii.

foster parent wont give me my birth certificate,or my GED. she kept it all when i shipped out to join the army.

how do you like , adopt kids so she can get the checks from the state for having foster kids, take the kids money they earn up till they are 18 and then dump the kids when the checks stop coming in. now that she is old and having a hard time in life she wants her foster kids to come back and take care of her.. fix her house thats falling apart and fix her broken vehicles.
lol.. rather struggle and be stranded in hawaii then go back to that.

any way, got any advice on how im supposed to get my birth certificate and copy of my GED?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 PM  

My wife, who specializes in Genealogy, gave me some advice to give you. To get a copy of your birth certificate, contact the Hall of Records in the county you were born in. They may request you fill out a form and prove you are actually you, but for a few bucks, that should be easy to get.

As far as your GED, call the school one more time and ask to speak with the person in charge. Explain your circumstances, and by this time you should have your birth certificate. Tell them you will send any and all documentation via fax or e-mail to prove who you are, but tell them there is no way you could afford to fly to Florida just to pick up the GED.

I will now give you my own advice. If the school remains stubborn, contact the local Congressman or School Board, or local newspaper, and make a stink. In this case, the squeeky wheel gets the grease!

Good luck and please keep us informed!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:06 PM  

Saco, Maine
just dont have any papers?

Niether did this guy but he bought a fine job for himself.
just a shame that he cant do the work properly.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:32 PM  

waipahu, hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedGoodOutdoors View Post

ha ha ! which one
Old 05-22-2011, 02:36 PM  

waipahu, hawaii
little update on this mess, i found out about hawaii job corp..
i have an appointment set up with the director,she said if i have a valid id, she can make a copy and get the papers for me..
the job corp program is free, she said i qualify for it.
you get paid 2x a month, you get medical ,housing , food,and you go to school, and finish with lots of knowledge, and its basically helps young people like me get on our feet i guess. and once i complete the program , i was told they relocate us to what ever state to continue our life and find a job..my field will be auto mechanics, cannot wait. also gotta read up more on it.

in the mean time, i will be going to the court house to get my drivers abstract, i found a driving job that only requires clean drivers abstract.
id get paid real good money,but i was told at the end of the year i have to pay tax.because the boss lady dont take tax.i guess she pays in cash at the end of the day.not sure how that works yet.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's awesome congrats!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerfburglar View Post
little update on this mess, i found out about hawaii job corp..
i have an appointment set up with the director,she said if i have a valid id, she can make a copy and get the papers for me..
the job corp program is free, she said i qualify for it.
you get paid 2x a month, you get medical ,housing , food,and you go to school, and finish with lots of knowledge, and its basically helps young people like me get on our feet i guess. and once i complete the program , i was told they relocate us to what ever state to continue our life and find a job..my field will be auto mechanics, cannot wait. also gotta read up more on it.

in the mean time, i will be going to the court house to get my drivers abstract, i found a driving job that only requires clean drivers abstract.
id get paid real good money,but i was told at the end of the year i have to pay tax.because the boss lady dont take tax.i guess she pays in cash at the end of the day.not sure how that works yet.

no no no!

You put your own taxes away every time you get paid. DONT wait until tax season to find out how much you owe. get a calculator every payday and take out your own taxes. put them away. it is not a rainy day fund. it is not emergency money. it isnt money for a new tv. its not even your money. put it up so you dont "owe" at the end of the year. youll already have it. :] trust me. its much better to take the taxes out immediately than to wait and try and come up with one lump sum.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
no no no!

You put your own taxes away every time you get paid. DONT wait until tax season to find out how much you owe. get a calculator every payday and take out your own taxes. put them away. it is not a rainy day fund. it is not emergency money. it isnt money for a new tv. its not even your money. put it up so you dont "owe" at the end of the year. youll already have it. :] trust me. its much better to take the taxes out immediately than to wait and try and come up with one lump sum.
Agreed. You also might wanna think about a different choice of career. Now I'm no expert here but I do know that the average auto mechanic is barely scraping by. Even Master Mechanics arn't getting paid what they should. If you have any intentions of getting married one day and starting a family I would think about this long and hard.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedGoodOutdoors View Post

Even Donald trump saw his papers by now, which varified what the man had been saying all along. The man also caught OBL, so he's doing a fine job!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM  

Yep, he caught him with his own two hands. Tomorrow I hear he is going to part the Red Sea....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!