Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerfburglar View Post

in the mean time, i will be going to the court house to get my drivers abstract, i found a driving job that only requires clean drivers abstract.
id get paid real good money,but i was told at the end of the year i have to pay tax.because the boss lady dont take tax.i guess she pays in cash at the end of the day.not sure how that works yet.
You're probably paid as a contractor on a 1099-MISC, rather than as an employee on a W2. (Those are both tax forms that show how much someone paid you for your work. They will report those figures to the IRS when they do their taxes.) You'll want to pay your taxes quarterly, not at the end of the year, otherwise the IRS will issue fines and penalties. I figure out my quarterly tax bill for this year when I do my taxes for last year; I'm not completely sure how to go about figuring them out for the first year you are in business. (I started working as a contractor in the 4th quarter of that year, so I just did my taxes as usual)

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS. As a contractor, you're a businessman. You can write off almost everything you buy for business purposes as a loss, and greatly lower your tax bill.

Also, don't forget state and local taxes... You'll probably have to do something similar for them.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:59 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Yep, he caught him with his own two hands. Tomorrow I hear he is going to part the Red Sea....
I was applying the same mentality here. Sorry if you missed it. I mean the birther thing. Please.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:25 PM  

Sorry, I'm just a little sensitive today. Back to topic!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Sorry, I'm just a little sensitive today. Back to topic!
You just came back from vacation. You should be all happy and stuff. WTF?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM  

Helping people who suffered great losses while wearing a Red Cross vest is really not my definition of a vacation. I did break away and take a peak at Graceland, which was a plus.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:35 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Helping people who suffered great losses while wearing a Red Cross vest is really not my definition of a vacation. I did break away and take a peak at Graceland, which was a plus.
You're retired aren't you? You're on vacation. Easy there mister..........You had went on a vacation here awhile back, so I thought. My bad. You in Joplin these days? If I were retired myself, I'd be there right now, believe me. It sadens me what those people are going through.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 AM  

Yeah, I'm now on stand by to assist Joplin and other affected counties. If you find it in your heart, please donate to the American Red Cross!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Yeah, I'm now on stand by to assist Joplin and other affected counties. If you find it in your heart, please donate to the American Red Cross!
Already done it and a big hearty salute to you Mark. Hopes and prayers.......

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!