Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I cut lawns when I was younger on occasion, and I cleaned my grandmothers neighbors toilet as a kid (for a few bucks)

My first REAL job was at a place called 'Robeys Roast Beef' it was a hole in the wall joint that has changed owners many times over. I hated that place with a passion and promptly quit when I got another job with my aunt at the Ramada Inn. After she left... Wow, that place got bad.
I mowed too, I didn't mention it because it ended terribly.

My friend started his mowing company.

His Dad was a broker for AG Edwards and used me to teach his son (my friend) how to talk down to employees and never be satisfied with the their work.

I walked off the job one day after his Dad started hitting him.

Two weeks later his Dad threw a pair of hedge clippers at him and my friend spent several days in the hospital.

To this day he can't make a complete fist as the clippers severed the tendons in his hand.

Turns out the guy was all around a horrible person and aside form bringing home herpes was caught multiple times cheating but his wife never said anything.

One day he woke up, got served, and lost everything in the divorce. his Ex had been saving the credit card receipts from his affairs.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:05 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
^ This is why I lead a pure life

Old 11-11-2011, 10:19 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I can't imagine doing that to someone I love.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 AM  

Houston, Texas
Worked for my Dad in a convenience store stocking, cleaning, sleeping...oh, I mean sweeping, etc. Went to work at a Jack-in-the Box. Worked the grill at the concession stand at a drive in movie. Then the Army for 20 years.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Worked for my Dad in a convenience store stocking, cleaning, sleeping...oh, I mean sweeping, etc. Went to work at a Jack-in-the Box. Worked the grill at the concession stand at a drive in movie. Then the Army for 20 years.
I've worked in a convenience store, one of the worst jobs I ever had.

I worked with a friend and that was all well and good but the boss disliked me (He's was the nail in the coffin of me discussing politics in mixed company) and I quit soon after he started yelling.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Mine was assembling bicycles and wheelbarrows at Canadian Tire when I was 13. I got paid a dollar per bike.
One of my first jobs was as a cashier at Canadian tire! my first job was babysitting and delivering papers. I delivered papers to the Canadian tire store and they offered me a job.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
One of my first jobs was as a cashier at Canadian tire! my first job was babysitting and delivering papers. I delivered papers to the Canadian tire store and they offered me a job.
There's a Canadian Tire store in VA? I't's to late!! They've already invaded!!! Quick everyone, put on your plaid flannel shirts. They will never be able to tell you're an American.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:26 PM  
fustrated genius

My first paying job was a paper peddler for a once a week paper. I'ld peddle my bicycle through a retirement mobile home park and had certain ones that were regular customers. I'ld make .75 a week. That was enough to get me into the movies the next night (fri) and buy 1 candy and a soda too or in summer go swamming down at the local swimming pool 3 times. WOOOT!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM  

Layton, Utah
My first paying job was a paper girl. My mom and I would get up every morning at 2 and go deliver papers all over the county until 6. I made 200 a week and I was in 5th grade. So I was nine or ten tears old.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_chic View Post
My first paying job was a paper girl. My mom and I would get up every morning at 2 and go deliver papers all over the county until 6. I made 200 a week and I was in 5th grade. So I was nine or ten tears old.
I did that in a my late teens with a friend of mine.

I never smoked so many cigarettes while working in my entire life.

I'm glad I quit (both) but will always remember it fondly.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Employment / Jobs
Bookmark this Page!