Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Eugene
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 PM  

EMX Buses

Can't wait to see the new emx buses running around empty like the rest of the buses.
Great investment for the taxpayers

Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM  
Traveler

Agh, as the price of gasoline heads over $4 a gallon, they'll start filling up! Before it's over with, it will end up being a great investment I expect!

Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by skikir View Post
The EMXers always site the raising price of fuel like some broken record and again I say I have seen the price of fuel drop from over $4/gal to almost $2. I have never seen taxes (which fund these green slug buses) EVER go down.
It's an open forum, EMX makes good sense, gas is $3.20 and climbing here in Oregon. Are you certain you know what censored means?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM  

Have you ever ridden a bus?

They are packed so full you can't move! No empty buses -- that was 20 years ago. Public transit will become more important as our city grows. You might want to check into it.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:14 PM  

I can tell you I have lived in Eugene for 57 years and I have NEVER seen a full bus.
I can also tell you with our current mayor and city council you don't have to worry about growth.
It won't happen!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM  

I have lived here for 56 years! If you don't ride the buses, you have no idea how full they are, particularly during the morning and afternoon rush. I have been on buses so full, they had to pass by someone who was waiting.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
As the economy recovers many low income jobs get created. Those taking such jobs often need public transit so tax dollars spent on transit come back in tax dollars.
The I5 corridor is particularly well situated for high speed rail between Eugene & Seattle.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Eugene
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads