Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM  

Snow Coats

Wife and I plan to take some trips to Northern States/Canada. Neither of us have been in extreme cold like below zero. Looking for some suggestions on good quality snow oriented coats.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:23 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
That would mostly depend on what activities you're planning on doing. Do you want a city coat to look good in while walking around town or do you want something practical that's geared towards outdoor activities?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 AM  
Wicked Awesome Dude

If you want to be warm, and do not want to wear a lot of layers, get a jacket or coat made with down in it. Even with all the new technologies there have been over the years, nothing will keep you warmer without batteries.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 AM  

Redmond, Oregon
I spend allot of time in sub zero temps backpacking, climbing, intructing, exc...

If going out on the town I would just stick with an insulated layer like a down coat (as suggested). I would look at First Ascent (Eddie Bauer/Whittaker Mountaineering), Patagonia, REI, just to name a few. All my gear is First Ascent. I've used both Patagonia and REI in the past, nothing wrong with them. Eddie Bauer is good, check their outerwear, 60% off right now, check out Yukon Classic?„? Down Jacket | Eddie Bauer for men and for woman Yukon Classic?„? Down Jacket | Eddie Bauer. You might just look around at all of thier outwear.

I can definitely throw more links your way if you want.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Bookmark this Page!