Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2011, 01:27 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
You only get one chance at a last impression

10 characters
HTML Code:
http://www.vintagecoffins.com/CoffinKitIndex.html
You only get one chance at a last impression-bert-buds.jpg 

Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What's the point of this thread?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
craftsmanship
Old 05-03-2011, 06:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
foresight...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
foresight...
at my age it's almost hindsight.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 PM  
Traveler

Plus you could start sleeping in there now, so you get used to it when the time comes to live in there.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
nah, they call that model a "toe pincher" and I'd want comfortable shoes for eternity.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Truthfully, in this economy that's not a bad idea. Coffin's are REDICULIOUSLY expensive. The whole process is really... I hope that when I die my wife doesn't blow a huge chunk of change on my new bed. Something like this would work just fine for me.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:54 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
The whole process is really... I hope that when I die my wife doesn't blow a huge chunk of change on my new bed. Something like this would work just fine for me.

Three companies now control the funeral home business but retain the local name to appear community friendly. Why pay for a shiny box most areas insist be then inside a concrete box & buried?

Deer die and nature claims the remains. Put me in a hole and set an acorn on top. (ILLEGAL in the US).

Even cremation is a rip off. They put my mom's body in a cardboard box for cremation and charged $100 for the box in 1980.

Greenfield Creations Coffins and Print & Packaging Solutions

Quote:
Group A (Made to order 24hrs)

Brown economy.

White coffins - Ideal for decorating or painting.

Standard printed coffins - Green, Woodgrain, Green marble and Grey marble.

Group B (Made to order 48hrs)

Exclusive printed coffins - Any colour of your choice.

Stock pictorial coffins.

Group C (Made to order 72hrs from approval of artwork)

Bespoke designs.

OTHER

bookcase

Prices available on request for bulk order deliveries, express deliveries and to worldwide locations.

Weights & Sizes
Due to the multi-layered construction technique of the coffins they are extremely strong and will carry up to 23 stone (150kg).

6?1? x 22? x 14? internal size ? 6?3? x 24? x 16? external size.

6?7? x 22? x 14? internal size ? 6?9? x 24? x 16? external size.

Bespoke sizes available at an additional charge.

Product details
Wax coated linings and natural rope handles are used to ensure coffins are 100% biodegradable. Brass effect handles are for decorative purposes only. If load bearing rope handles are required they are available at an additional charge.

Quote:
Do you have to buy a coffin from an undertaker?

It is difficult to find coffin suppliers who will sell direct to the public. If they did, the undertakers would boycott them and try to close them down. This is one commodity you cannot yet get more cheaply on the internet. However, it is clear that a great many people want to buy this one last gift for someone who has died themselves, not through a third-party. So all praise to the few brave enough to sell to you. We recommend, especially:

Greenfield Creations. Extremely helpful and very good value.
The Coffin Company. The UK?s first direct-to-the-public online coffin shop. An offshoot of Go As You Please, a Newcastle undertaker famous for providing wonderful support and excellent value for money.
Some undertakers will not accept a coffin supplied by you (they will insist that you order it through them). All will order the coffin you want if you see something you like on the internet. Some will charge much more for it than others. Ring around, get some other quotes, and negotiate the lowest price with your undertaker.

You can often buy a coffin on eBay. Search in Home and Garden.
Goth Kitchen?

Quote:
A "world-famous mountain man," Charlie Hetrick put out a flier advertising custom caskets as a joke. He received six orders and never looked back. Some clients use theirs as tables or bookcases until the end. Photo: MIKE URBAN/P-I / SL

Read more: Outhouse Charlie makes kits for do-it-yourself coffins - seattlepi.com

Quote:
Charlie Hetrick says he's working to "put the fun back in funerals." But that might give you the wrong idea. He's not dressing in a clown suit and juggling at the funeral home door or suggesting champagne toasts in the chapel.
Hetrick, known to friends as "Outhouse Charlie," is making coffins -- in kit form for do-it-yourselfers or custom coffins designed to put you away with a smile on your face.
Want to spend eternity face to face with (depending on your age and stage) Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Jessica Simpson or Jane Fonda? A poster of your idol could be attached inside the lid. A favorite poem or artwork can be applied with a laser. A coffin interior may be wallpapered or painted a favorite color. The possibilities are almost unlimited.
Hetrick even has a model that comes with a new hammer and a packet of nails so friends can give the dearly departed an airtight sendoff. Hetrick suggests lid nailing can be part of the funeral ceremony.
Some of his clients order coffins early and put them to good use. One is currently serving as a glass-topped coffee table with
a model railroad running around inside. Another is outfitted as a bookcase. A full standing elk was carved on the lid for another client.
What started as a joke has become a business.
Hetrick and his wife, Willow, are historical re-enactors. That means they occasionally drop into the 19th century, head into the woods to live in tepees or tents, wear buckskins, shoot with antique muzzle loaders and participate in tomahawk-throwing contests.
"I'm a world-famous mountain man and a legend in my own mind," Hetrick says with a grin.
Read more: Outhouse Charlie makes kits for do-it-yourself coffins - seattlepi.com
or Art....
HTML Code:
http://dornob.com/buried-in-style-6-chic-wood-caskets-cool-funeral-coffins/
Contemporary German architect Gregor Darius Haiduk is the latest in a long line of countrymen (the Brother?s Grim come to mind) to have addressed topics deemed too morbid for some creative types: in this case, the creation of a vessel to be set in your final resting place.

I think this last one is the most practical. You get a nice cedar chest while alive and a new use when you croak.
You only get one chance at a last impression-wood-casket-abstract-design.jpg 

You only get one chance at a last impression-wood-custom-craft-caskets.jpg 

You only get one chance at a last impression-wood-natural-eco-coffin.jpg 

You only get one chance at a last impression-wood-art-casket-designs.jpg 

Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
what if youre missing pieces? you wouldnt know until it comes time to assemble.. and by then... well... youre dead. and there is no time to wait for parts. lol

i say to hell with being burried in a coffin. im donating my body to science. i was never one for tight spaces any way. ;]

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Fashion / Clothing
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.